Windows The boring state of gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by scq, 13 May 2007.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

There are quite a few cool games coming out, but I can't actually remember any. If you want innovation, Spore looks to be pretty innovative.

2. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

That's been delayed for another year though :(

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

It's still a game that coming out though :p

Mass Effect looks sweet, theres no reason why this couldn't be done on the PC, I expect there to be a PC port at some point.

4. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

yeah would be nice to have something a bit different. But theres so huge titles out in the near future as mentioned CRYSIS *drools*. But meh EA have that :(. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars looks awesome.

5. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

I don't even care much for revolutionary gameplay. I understand that that takes years, and only once in a long time do these gems really shine out.

I just want a decent shooter that has some sort of plot (even if it's bad). I mean surely, you can only innovate so much in an FPS before you turn into a complicated RPG like STALKER.

On a note about war themed games, I am looking forward to RTCW2. Wolfenstein was never much of a WWII game as much as it was a freaky Nazi themed mystery.

I'm sick of war themed games. If it's not WWII, it's modern warfare, or future warfare. I miss being the single badass that saves the world with a railgun, or the detective/assassin on assignment.

6. Elude

Elude What's a Dremel?

After a lengthy stint with the MMO's I'm pretty well sick of them except one future release, Darkfall Online, which has me quivering in anticipation. Mostly though I'm looking to get back into a solid shooter. The releases I'm most looking forward to in the near future are Shadowrun and ET:Quake Wars then of course the lineup of DX10 Games such as Crysis, Alan Wake, UT3. Bioshock in particular sparks my interest the most, I look forward to a unique, bizarre and surreal atmosphere to get caught up in.

7. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Does it matter?

I can't run any new games anyways.

8. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Hasn't mass effect had PC listed as one of its platforms from the start ? I know theres a second sci-fi rpg that is 360-only, too human or something ?

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't think Bioware have ever stated it's coming out for the PC, it is being primarily developed for the 360 like KotOR was, but I would expect a PC port soon enough.

10. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

FO3 (finally, even if it's going to take over a year, at least somebody (with money) is working toward releasing it)

HL2 ep2

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

im looking forward to getting a new rig so i can play some of these news games :p ..like Supreme Commander 'n whatnot

however, I think World In Conflict might actually be pretty cool from the review bit-tech had of it

Last edited: 15 May 2007
Tags: