Gaming Gaming Keyboard head-to-head

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

You use the E to reload I usually use the R and the E for use. Good review :)

3. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I use a logitech internet navigator that i just finished painting. It works fine for me.

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

G15 fo' life.

I just wish there were more applets available for the LCD, though. The SDK is OK, but persuading my favorite game makers to integrate it is a little tricky.

And don't get me started on scraping log files to do it yourself!

5. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

Frankly, I would just feel a little ashamed to have either of these on my desk - they both look pretty revolting to me. I prefer to have something a little sleeker - the new Dinovo would be my ideal, if only it had a numpad. The MS Wireless entertainment desktop 8000 also looks quite nice, though unfortunately the same caveat applies vis numpad.

6. Nix

Nix What's a Dremel?

I think this head to head was quite rubbish. You did really need a gaming keyboard 'tournament' as it were and compare much more then 2 of the gaming keyboards out there. Keyboards such as the Z-Board and the Wolfclaw/Wolfking.

7. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

How many keys can you hold down before they lock up and wont accept input from more keys? If i missed this info sorry, my eyes r screwed at moment and vision is b0rked lol

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

the only thing i can say is: that razer keyboard is twice the price in the UK than in the US......
    and to give that amount of cash for a keyboard...... i think it is to much.

edit: anyone know any news about that cool keyboard were each key is a small screen?

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

We did try to get hold of a Zboard too, but the company wouldn't get back to us. As it is we think it's better to review over time, constantly looking back at the best boards of the past, such as the G15.

We could of course give you a massive, 100 page long article covering 25 keyboards, but what would be the point? You'd have to wait for about 3 months to get it and it would obsolete soon after that. There was a similar review I saw mentioned in GD a few weeks ago where a man spent a year doing a review of over 100 PSU's. The result was an unfeasibly long review that nobody read all of and which was soon out of date.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Man, how hard is it to make a gaming keyboard? Sure there are good ones out there, but theres no keyboard that really "perfect", i.e. combines great feature like you get on the logitech keyboard with the quality keys you get on keyboard made by people like Cherry.

11. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

hmm one question.. how many here actually use "gaming" keyboards? My all time favorite keyboard (the one I'm currently hoping will never die) came along with HP desktop computers some years ago (I bought them for the company I worked for and swapped a keyboard or two for my self). It's just a standard keyboard (only feature is volume up and down buttons) but it has a great feel, and works a treat. But then i guess I'm not a real hardcore gamer...

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

got a g15 at home, and the razer still in the office

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

i'm with you, i used my basic HP keyboard for years both for gamin and for general use (got me through uni). But the left ctrl key died making sneak games more than a little difficult. Got the cheapest microsoft wired keyboard its realy comfortable, and only has a few extras (media keys) well worth a look if your only looking for a basic keyboard.

14. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

You mean this one? Slightly pricey I feel ;)

15. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

Saitek Eclipse! :thumb:

16. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

$10 logitech office elite.

Still my fav.

17. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

That razer looks absolutely rank. Stupid glowy lights and gay tiny buttons. Oh and they removed the iTrendy dock and put on some poop Batledock, whoa.

i think Razer should stick to mice.

The Revoltec could do with a little bit of better styling but it has the right keyboardy shape (lol) has the awesome macros and isnt going to RAEP your wallet.

18. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Where is the old school clickety-click ones with a real spring and steel in them. Those were almost perfect and very hard to kill. The weight is another concern. :hehe: I'f id have to choose the ultimate keyboard it would be a mix between those oldschool ones and the G11. What do you really need that LCD on the G15 for anyways? It's a showoff thing that takes RAM, and diverts my attetion from my screen. :)

19. Tim S

Tim S OG

The Steel Series keyboard was pretty indestructible, until Wil decided to smash his fist into it during a game of CS :D

20. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

I''l stick with my logitech internet navigator 2001 se. or just buy an ps/2 to at adapter and pay the local computer scrap yard a little visit in search for an oldschool keyboard. Maybe they are not as confortable, but they are nice to use, and you wouldn't press an key by accident with those.

Tags: Add Tags