1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Safari moves to PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 13 Jun 2007.

1. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Apple Crapple!!!

This would be good if apple were commited to pc's, how about a version of iTunes that actually installs properly on x64 vista first though eh.....lets start small, (yes i can run iTunes on x64 but the installer never works I have use the apple update for windows or the program fails to boot when installed with apple .exe version even in 7.2)

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Why should they bother when there is such a small amount of people who actually use the 64bit version.

I'd bet on there being above 99% of vista installs not being 64bit.

3. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

and with that attitude there will never be good 64bit support

i don't get it, why didn't Microsoft just release vista as 64bit only, most people who are going to upgrade are going to need new hardware, and all new hardware is 64bit so why not just make 1 version so there is only 1 set to support (and the people who don't need new hardware probably already have 64bit, and then there's probably like 1% of people who can run vista well on their 32bit hardware)

4. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

not true, older comps can run vista well, even 32bit machines.

My mom's old dell dimension 4300 (used to be mine) with a 1GB RAM, 7600GS AGP 512MB, an old Creative SB Live!, 200GB HDD and a willamette 1.6GHZ P4 runs vista ultimate like a champ, even though its only running at the stock 400mhz FSB with no hyperthreading.

It will even manage supcom on low settings and quite a few other games, including BF2

5. Risky

Risky Modder

I have two Vista machines. one has a P4 2.8 and the other is my Cheapo Laptop on a Celeron-M 1.5Mhz, though that has the effects turned down. Memory helps a lot.

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I run Safari on my mac since it works very well, it's fast, it does everything I need it to. Since I don't usually have a mouse with my laptop, I don't miss the mouse gesture extensions in Firefox anyway.

Yes, the Beta is pretty rubbish and useless at the moment, but I'd wager that the final version will end up better than IE. Ok, so the computer-literate people will probably still use Firefox, but for everyone else it'll be a good alternative to IE.

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

iTunes seems to install (sort of) properly on my machine using XP64. Also, I think the real statistic to consider is how many iTunes installations are done in 64-bit environments, rather than the number of Vista installations.

8. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

yes but what % of them

Why even upgrade to vista, the only real reason to upgrade is DX10 in which case your will need to upgrade, and the few other new "features" in vista all require some pretty beefy hardware
    Other then that, there is practically no reason to upgrade to vista, your better off with XP

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Programming in 64-bit language is more sophisticated. As a company, creating 64-bit applications means increased development costs and development time, and no business wants increased costs when there is no demand for domestic 64-bit processing. This may not relate directly with Microsoft as it does with component manufacturers, who would have to reprogram the drivers for all of their hardware if Vista was offered in only 64-bit.

10. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

My thoughts exactly!

Tags: Add Tags