dual boot xp and vista

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by kazama, 26 Jun 2007.

1. kazama

kazama What's a Dremel?

i have a dual boot system and it work well. but i need an answer why this is happen.

if i on vista/xp, the vista/xp partition still appear. is that normal??

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I think so.

(not %100 sure however.)

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I'd assume it's because both OS use NTFS, and unless you choose to hide partitions... they'll all show at the desktop?

4. kazama

kazama What's a Dremel?

yeah, NTFS on both partition. but i want to format the xp partition cause i having some probs on xp now. i think i want format it with FAT32 for my xp partition. but im afraid if i use FAT32, i will face a problem. it happen to my friend, he used FAT32 for his system partition and having a problem when he want to defrag the partition. it take couples of hour to defrag, even though he just defrag the partition last week.

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Why would you want to use FAT32 :eyebrow: :confused: NTFS is a far superior file system :idea:

6. ckrieger

ckrieger What's a Dremel?

I've found that FAT32 is really only good for little thumbdrives and things of that nature. Everything else that involves Windows, keep it NTFS. It's more reliable and safer, plus it works better. :eyebrow: And yes, it is normal that the other OS's partition shows up in either operating system.