Case Mod - In Progress Project: Blue Nami -> [12 July 2007] Off with a good start

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ThaDheiz_NL, 4 Jul 2007.

1. ThaDheiz_NL

ThaDheiz_NL What's a Dremel?

CiP Blue Nami

[​IMG]

Lo Guys,

Since my IBM serverproject last year, I've come across a lot of idea's for my next casemod. When my sister said she wanted to buy herself a new pc, I didn't hesitate and immediately start designing.

She liked it and in I also got a new sponsor: BG Computers. The mod started with a Coolermaster WaveMaster, glowing UV Blue plexi edges and aluminum will be the main theme :rock:. You will see what I'm up to (even though the SketchUp designs reveal just a bit)

I'm planning on going to the NK Casemodding (Dutch Championship), BeNeLux Casemodding with the mod and I hope that my work is up to it :).

Sponsor

[​IMG]

Hardware
    The Hardware that this mod will contain:

Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, S775
    DFI LAN Party UT NF680I LT SLI–T2R
    Gskill 2x1GB Kit DDR2–800, CL4–4–4–12
    BFG Geforce 8800GTS OCed 640MB
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 500 GB, 7200 RPM, 16 MB, SATA II
    NEC AD-7173S, LabelFlash

Designs
    To show you a bit of my plans with the mod, even though it's not the final sketch offcourse ;)...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Updates
    I will post links to every update in the startpost.
    2007-07-12 - Off with a good start

Last edited: 12 Jul 2007
  2. MRMOBEUS.

MRMOBEUS. Voided Rev-Hoe-lutionary

looks like a cool idea!! the lcd will look sweet if done right!! the only thing i would change or move would be the ( fan control? ) knobs on the top of the front panel, no offence! and it may just be me but when finished it could look like a bit of an afterthought?! then again, if you were to sink the knobs allowing just a couple of mil visible??
    good luck with this dude!!

3. ThaDheiz_NL

I will sink the ledring and knobs into the standard top cover. Just as you sad, with ledrings on the same hight as the topcover and the knobs just a few mm sticking outwards ;) When finished it will look stock :thumb:

4. MRMOBEUS.

MRMOBEUS. Voided Rev-Hoe-lutionary

sounds sweet!! sorry if it seemed that i dissed ur idea dude!!

5. ThaDheiz_NL

No problemo :p you didn't, it's the same thing as I thought ;) :thumb:

6. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Looks as if it'll be good, lookin forward to piccies! :D.

7. elbarto241

elbarto241 What's a Dremel?

nice sketchup, love the placement of the LCD. good luck

8. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

I see you got skills in SketchUp, i dont doubt that you have good skills with the tool either ;) Good luck!

9. ThaDheiz_NL

Thnx you guys :) I will pick up all the stuff @ the shop tomorrow, so I can start modding :D

10. ThaDheiz_NL

Update 1 - Off with a good start

[​IMG]
    Here you can see all the stuff that I have picked up saturday. A lot of hardware and casemodding goodness :D.And of course sponsored by:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the case: the CoolerMaster WaveMaster.
    I have to say it's truly a piece of craftmanship. Really... I am used to working with ordenairy CoolerMaster cases and also a bit with Lian Li cases, but the quality really is simmulair to Lian Li :) Very Nice :thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Allready took the case appart. The case exists of a lot of parts when you lay them all next to eachother. But well, it's all aluminium :D. Now the case is empty, we can start (easyer) :D...

[​IMG]
    Fixed a second radgrillz from UV Blue plexi. Nicely sanded and polished the edges for the nice and shiny glow on the edge :).

[​IMG]
    Like it has to be in the end :)

[​IMG]
    The WaveMaster has a some sort of box as PSU bracked. So I had to figure out a way to mod the fans under the Radgrillz, eventhough they may not hit the PowerSupply bracket... So I held the fan against the bottom of the top of the case and then looked how it had to be assembled. It's a tight fix :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On top, 0,5cm away from the 'top of the front', which is a trademark for the Wavemaster Case. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally tight :-/
    Zo komt hij bovenop te liggen, ong. 0,5cm van het 'topplaatje', wat kenmerkend is voor de WaveMaster kast. Gaat echt maar net :-/

[​IMG]
    But first that modoboard tray had to be taken cair of... Cause you can replace that fan... :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course that fangrill has to be mod. But that has to be done later...

[​IMG]
    The mobo tray of the Wavemaster has some typical 'strengthners' on the top and bodom of the motherboard tray. I wanted to hide them with a layer plexiglass, covered with aluminium, so that you will have a corner of aluminium with a 3mm thick UV blue edge :). First make a test version of paper... :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After pressing the paper test versions against the tray, they left little holes into the carboard. Will be easyer when drilling holes ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It went well...

[​IMG]
    ...untill I started drilling the holes :(. The corner is apperiantly a bit to weak. Immidiately made two new ones, but drilled the hols first ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And that's it. Nog I only have to make a aluminium plate, covering the plexi. But I still have to buy a 1mm thick aluminium or so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bottom and Top

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And then I drawed the cutout for the Radgrill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Apperiantly the standard "printable" cutout (from the AC Ryan website) appears to be invalid....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Untill I discovered that the printout wasn't printed at scale 1:1. Quite weird, how can I make a cutout, when the printout isn't correct? Well, I will send AC Ryan a mail about that... :p

[​IMG]
    Close call :)
    [​IMG]
    Took another 3mm of the cutout design :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :dremel:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sanded and holes drilled :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Temorarialy put togerther, but I will drob by the hardware store to get a lot of new screws :p WANT NEW ONES! :D

[​IMG]
    I did find at least one imnus screw. The other thing: once I took a amp and took all the insides outof the case. I found screws with little rubber rings on them. Now I've put those and the Imbus screws all back together :) Nice isn't it :)?

Well, that's all for now :). Even though there is one problem... My parents took their camera with them on holiday. And even before they return, I will be leaving for NY myself, for 3 weeks.

But a friend of mine had an old camera (his mum is also on holiday) which he borrowed me to make pictures of the modding and such. And tomorrow is my last day on the job, so I will have the weekend off again :)

Until Next Time!

11. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

looks good you off to a great start.
    i'll keep an eye on this one.

12. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Looks good and promising! Nice rad grill.

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Yay! Another Wavemaster project!

14. widmod

widmod Minimodder

why do you need a paper cutout shedule, when you allready got the radgrill?
    i thought this shedules are for people that make their cutouts before the get their grills...?
    but nice projeczt anyway :clap:

15. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

Definetly watching this log with great anticipation. Keep up the standard :thumb:

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

looking good so far

Nice Sketchup

17. ThaDheiz_NL

Just a small kick. I've put (almost) the whole together. I already put in the DVD player, to look how much it would stick out :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also the HDD Drivebay fans are switched with the UV Blue fans. Even though you can't see that on the photo... ;)

[​IMG]
    Also got some screws. Now the whole Radgrill is fastened like it should :).

[​IMG]
    I already sleeved the cables of the power switch, reset switch and the LED's in the front of the case with Ac Ryan UV Blue Mesh :) It's quite nice stuff to work with, I used to work around it, but now I started working with it, I can say that it's really nice :). No fiddling :)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I didn't have any cable shrink schtuff anymore. So don't mind the ends of the sleeved cables ;) It will be fixed with cable shrink schtuff ;)

One thing does suck, my parents took their camera with them on holiday. So I managed to make these pictures with my parents cam, but the next ones will have to be made with a camera of a friend of mine :p Bye bye quality ;)

That's all for now, prepare for a big hardware goodness update tomorrow ;)

18. utopius

utopius artificially unintelligent

ive got a wavemaster myself theyre just a beautiful little case not to big not too small ;) how did you still find one though? did'nt think they still made them? brilliant work by the way really clean ;)

19. floriske.nl

floriske.nl What's a Dremel?

well well, the dutch are well represented at BT I see ;)

Nice to see you working on a clean casemod, no rigorous changes just some great looking details added to an allready good looking case!

I'll be watching you :eeek: here and at GOT :dremel:

20. KaotiK

KaotiK What's a Dremel?

Still looking impressive :thumb:

Tags: