Modding ? about CNC routers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by apoogod, 30 Aug 2002.

1. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

Has ne1 got a cut out done using a CNC router, or know ne1 thing about them. How intracate can they cut? ie. just reg windows or custom designs?

2. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

It all depends on the person programing the CNC. A simple window would be very easy to Mill out. You can get intricate designs made with very small cutters (like the ones uesed for engraving with a dremel, etc...) but it would be a slower process and cost more. You need a design that has nice clear edges for the cutter to folow. If you can get your image in a dfx (think that's the type AutoCAD file) you should have little problem converting it to a CNC trace.

Meblin

PS It's a Milling machine as oposed to a router

3. apoogod

apoogod trix arent just for kids

I need somthing like a milling machine but that is controlled by a computer like a CNC but not that expensive

4. Jason L

Jason L What's a Dremel?

They are $$$ cash to buy

If you are making small cut finding a place with a lazer or water cutter might be better.

I've been looking for a place like that do do some stuff I want done.

All you need to do is save the autocad drawing as dxf files and they can convert it.

5. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Also, professional plasma cutting can be good. But obviously by hand it's a little rougher.

6. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

just about any local machine shop would have some sorta cnc machine....alot of them will even do the autocad stuff for u if u bring them a regular drawing.....