Playstation 3 PS3 version of UT3 will support mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by CardJoe, 6 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Oh noes! Those PS3 gamers will finally be able to game as good as us!

Apparently, Epic has support for mouse and keyboard gaming on the PS3 via the USB ports on the console. Which begs the question, will you play the game on PC or PS3 and, of interest to me, is whether or not you'll play it with Physx support or not?

Answers! Answers!

2. K

K 528491

If they don't include this on the 360 version too I'll cry.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

This would be the cue for hundreds of tacky plastic keyboards. Also for sony to make some money back by selling the "official" keyboard for £300.

4. kempez

kempez modding again!

Ouch that's gonna hurt if MS don't step up and get a keyboard/mouse combo out for the 360!

PC all the way for me and PhysX is a yes (mainly 'cause I can :p)

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This had been announced since UT3 was announced for PS3. It would have persuaded me to buy a PS3, but there's no point in buying it for 1 Game, so I'm doing my PC instead

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

It will be cheaper for me to buy a PS3 than to upgrade my PC to play unreal. But the keyboard thing has announced a long time ago and there is still no news if the 360 will also support usb keyboard and mouse.

7. jl8080

jl8080 What's a Dremel?

Just aswell really, not sure if I could handle playing a fast paced FPS like unreal tournament - with a gamepad! :hehe:

I've pre-ordered this for the PC though, can't wait to play it!

8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I'll probably end up with both as I'd like to play in the front room on the HDTV which is console territory but will end up with PC for LANs unless I can convince my mates to go PS3 then we can do LANs on a level playing field hardware wise with PS3.

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Awesome news. Maybe it will finally start the trend. I would be surprised if Microsoft followed suit and allowed UT3 to support mouse and keyboard. They have been notoriously strict about what they allow developers to do on their console.

10. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

PC Cheesecake!

Im definately going to have to play this game on my PC, as I havent got my PS3 yet. Going beyond HD gaming with a sweet monitor will just rock, though theres always performance troubles with such a high resolution.

Hopefully the PS3 version will be a port from the PC. Though because im unsure of the release dates ect.. Im not sure if this will happen.

Their bringing Gears of War to PC too, and i'm forcing myself to buy that again, though I have it on my 360. Higher fps and resolution Cheesecake! xD