1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Double Helix (1/03 Update: Done with Final Pics)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tm36usa, 2 Oct 2005.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You may have just got a non clockable CPU, have you checked BIOS updates?

Bad luck with the 6800GT, you should try and press for a refund, two faulty cards destroys my personal belief in a manufacturer.

2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Yeah, im running the newest bios on my A8N-SLI and it still wont clock. I figured i got on the of newer cpu's that AMD ended up locking.

As for the video cards, I bought it last August from Newegg so I dont know if I could ask for a refund. And all I have heard is horror stories about Leadtek's RMA process. (Dont buy leadtek.Ever.Nomater how cheap or good the reviews are on newegg)

3. keith_j_snyder2

keith_j_snyder2 What's a Dremel?

CRUNCHY!!!Awesome work dude!!!!

4. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

Definatly crunchy. Pity it took so much time and anger, it did turn out well tho!

5. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies guys! As for the computer I will taking it apart and selling off the main computer in a new case. As for the Lian Li I will be trying to sell it complete with all the water-cooling gear in the for sale forums (as it already has a radiator, pump, res fill port mounted.. I will be taking final pictures and a final video for the case before I dismantle it forever.

As for a new project I have just ordered an Antec P182B off newegg and it gets here tomorrow. The plan for that beast is to make it as quiet as possible on air cooling (im off to uni in 6-months and dont want to deal with watercooling) and perhaps a lighting scheme of all white. But all the lights will have to be able to be turned off :p. As for the parts going into the computer, I am still not sure as I will order those after my graduation which is in June.

As always thanks for the comments and If there are any questions please don't hesitate to ask me. Thanks!

6. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Nice project and I think that those 6800GT cards have a serious problem. I also lost two cards in one year. Currently running in single mode because the second one died on me last week. These 6800GT have only been produced for a short period, I think that's because they know these cards have some kind of problem.

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Yeah, i have mine going back for the second time to leadtek this week so we will see what happens *crosses fingers*. Although I dont know what ill do with it because I wont be selling it with the rest of the system and I wont put it in my new build. I have to find someone with a PCI-E mobo.

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

man thats nice, good job, were do you buy the little lcd displays?

9. Teyber

Teyber ******

nice electrical work!

10. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I bought them on ebay. I've got a matrix orbital 40x4 and a 20x2 im looking to sell if your interested. PM me about them

Also sorry about the pictures guys, my hosting is down atm and im in the process of moving the pics over to a new domain. Also im doing some work to the case pretty soon and ill be sure to update with it when i finish.

As always, thanks for the comments!