POTM The Office

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Guest-16, 7 Sep 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

[​IMG]

The Office, I didn't like the desaturation either, but I did reduce it to make it "greyer".

[​IMG]

I'm not too sure on the desaturation here either, I liked the green on the processor package but not the wood on the desk.

Both done with a 50mm at F1.8, ISO400

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Nice stuff. Is that your desk or just a random one..?
    You guys must be doing quite well if you've all got 2 screens each..

Also, you want anyone to work at Christmas, Easter and next Summer??

3. Acehole

Acehole What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure if it was what you were aiming for already, but in the first shot your(?) area looks more colourful than everyone elses, you could perhaps try desaturating the other desks leaving yours with colour.

PS What do the bit offices look like anyway? We could use a virtual tour ;)

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Screens are cheap for the productivity you (can) gain by having two. And having contacted Hugh about advertising on Bit a while back... they're doing all right, at least if their traffic is anything like what I'd imagine it to be.
    /must move back to a desktop...and grab another 24".

Anyways... I don't really see anything too special in the first one. It looks like something that I'd find in the "room+computer" thread, tbh. Maybe with some clever arrangement or a different perspective, but it just doesn't do anything for me as it was shot. I like the second quite a bit, though I'd like to see it with slightly increased contrast at least to see the effect.

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I don't really care for the first one. There's so much black that I didn't even notice there was a second monitor on the desk. I think there's just an overall lack of a real subject.

I think the second one has real potential, but the empty spot makes me think less about technology and more about why a processor is missing. I think a better composition would definitely help.

-monkey

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Fair doos. It's not my desk anyway :p It was more of a snap shot into your ambiguous office.

I didn't like it with all the processor slots filled - it seemed boring.

7. Firehed

You have way too many processors.

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

That's a good point. I suppose if all the slots were filled it might be too repetitive.

-monkey

9. Firehed

Yeah, but repetition can work extremely well if you set it up right. I think it would have to be cropped differently in this case though.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Most of them are what nobody will want.

11. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

On the second, I think the depth of field should be wider really. I don't like how the close up cpu is partially in focus, and how the empty area is only partially in focus too.

Tags: