Windows Enemy Territory Quake Wars demo Sept. 10th.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 6 Sep 2007.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Im waiting on it being put on newsgroups once it is ill bang it down.

Waiting on my CoD 4 beta code atm though :(

2. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

this was unplayable for me. have it set to medium settings and even the mouse in the menu warped.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Doesn't look like i'll be getting it tonight, the torrent has died a slow and painful lingering death

4. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

The map is balanced well I feel. Played Wolfenstein ET to death and this game is similar in tactics. A co-ordinated attack on objectives generally sees you achieving them. Unfortunately with public servers, everyone does their own thing, which is where things breakdown. This game is all about teamwork.:D

5. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I'm hearing that ATi card owners HAVE to install the new Cat 7.9 drivers to get the game to work atall. Can anyone confirm?

6. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

You sir are correct.

7. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

Well it finished downloading quicker than i expected so tried it with cat 7.4 and it works perfectly.

8. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

It sucks, the gameplay is quite horrible to say the least and doesnt feel real at all. The game engine is horribly flawed, you simply cant get the feel for whats happening.
    Crouching or in prone position you can only look around so much and the players move way too fast, its like everyones on speed.

Battlefield 2142 has a great engine - granted many say its bugged and it has its small annoying issues like reselecting your kit constantly etc when changing or different rounds - but the gameplay is just right, the people move realistically, the feel is solid and doesnt feel loose like QW ET.

God i had such high hopes and now im pissed off because this game was meant to be my new online multiplayer fix from battlefield 2142.
    Im sticking with battlefield, the games much more solid and im looking forward to any possible sequel for that now.

9. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Hey they balanced the map! GDF can now capture the spawn point on the far end of the bridge next to the shield generator.

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Your pc has issues.

11. Major

Major Guest

The mouse in the menu always has had a warp problem, even in the first BETA, It's not smooth for me either, but the game is pretty smooth once you do the FPS commands, think its.

com_unlockFPS 1

There is also a timing method command, errm, /com fps_timingmethod 1, something like that, it smooths the game out.

If you guys didn't play the first BETA, count yourself lucky, the demo is a big turn around from the first BETA, although not so much a change from the 2nd.

12. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Anyone else having trouble taking spawn points? I can't do it but as soon as another player or bot rolls along they take it no problem.

13. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Most require a minimum of two or three people to cap.

14. Steve-0

Steve-0 What's a Dremel?

when my pc is back together and working im gonna pwn everyone:lol:

15. Major

Major Guest

Don't slag the game off until you put these setting in your console or config. Taken from ETQWNation.co.uk :)

16. wafflesomd

I can't play it anymore.

The performance is just terrible. I guess I was just hoping the game would eventually play better. I figure that since its the doom3 engine, that I would have no problem running it. The framerate is just terrible for me (I have used all the standard fps tweaking console codes). Not the mention the low fps in the menu screen (makes no sense). The game is too jittery, or choppy. My players movement is choppy, other players movement is choppy, heck, even my mouse movement is choppy. I'm still confused that changing the graphical settings in the game, have no bearing on the framerate what so ever.

This game was great in the beta's. It was something new to me, and I enjoyed it a lot.

The poor performance is just too much of a turn-off for me.

Sorry, not buying it until it runs better.

17. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I played 2 rounds as a Strogg Sniper just now. I DOMINATED GDF. In the first round I got 93 kills and in the next round I got 86. It was amazing. DAMN! Should have taken a screenshot.

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Waffles, you got a secondary monitor, i had exactly the same problems till i disabled it. I rekon its a fault in the code, my 8800 gts never had problems running games with the second monitor on, even the bioshock demo was fine.

19. [Jonny]

[Jonny] What's a Dremel?

If you're getting crappy performance with a nVidia card and multiple monitors (even on the menu) then read this:

http://community.enemyterritory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2095

Worked for me :)

20. wafflesomd

I do not use multiple monitors and I have it set to render for single display.

Tags: