1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Getting Stuck Sucks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by boiled_elephant, 19 Sep 2007.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

If this is three, then what is this?

^ That one had me, I didn't even get it, a friend did. I just kept trying to get through by guessing, but never managed it :hehe:

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Yeah, I just gave up for a few years and got an Amiga instead. Then I came back to it on an emulator and did it on paper.

3. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

I got stuck on the penultimate level of Far Cry for about 2 months. I thought i was never going to be able to complete that game.

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Lego Star Wars 2.
    Yes, I got beat by a kiddie game.

Don't laugh at me.

5. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

i got stuck on ff7 along time ago, was just a random screen,nothing happened in it, but it was a dead end and there was a plank of wood that you had to walk over to get out. i never noticed it and it wasnt until my friend came round a couple of weeks later and just casually sed "go up there". i felt a proper ****. i remember the screen of it now and it still torments me

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Battlefield 1942. It just couldn't stump me.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Where was that? I know FF7 inside and out, and I can't think for the life of me what you're talking about. Not that you weren't being a bit vague or anything ;)

Anyways, with most games I tend to keep a strategy guide, walkthrough, or gamefaqs.com readily accessible when playing. Sometimes I have to rely on them, and sometimes I don't have to touch them - really depends on the game. On both Splinter Cell 1 and 2, I'm stuck right at the end because I wasted one bullet or didn't pick up a round of LTL ammo or saved one step to the left of where I should have or something like that. In SC3 I'm notorious for hitting quicksave instead of quickload right when I'm at the receiving end of a tank in that level that starts you off in a burning building. That's the kind of stuck that really irritates me - because the only way to fix it tends to be starting the level over (and it always happens at the very end of the level too).

I like a puzzle, but being screwed because you made the tiniest mistake just drives me insane.

8. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Ditto. I'd like to know where you were too:thumb:

9. Firehed

I really hope it wasn't the roof of the church right after reactor #2, that would be depressingly early in a game to get stuck. But it's the only place I can think of that close to fits the description

10. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

That's right. Maybe, though. I can definitely see that happening. Definitely fits the description.

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I got stuck to the point of giving up in Doom3, it was like second or third lvl... i could simply not find a way to continue... i had killed all enemies, ended up running in circles till i gave up searching for the way after a few hours....

far cry defeated me in the last lvl... i had to turn on god mode to make it through... (yes i suck lol)

12. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

hmm sorry for being vague on where i got stuck on ff7, cant really remember. if im thinking right it was near a playground and there was a cut scene right after the screen

13. Major

Major Guest

Got stuck on Bio when I was the Big Daddy, well trying to find the boots, and everytime I walked past the Libary door, felt stupid after...

14. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

There hasn't been any newer games that have been giving me trouble. However, World of Warcraft is currently pissing me off as my guild has turned into a bunch of idiots. NO one wants to raid anymore and when they do they don't ask me to go and just do it. A few have left because of it and now I am stuck with mediocre gear doing higher end raids with other guilds and not really accomplishing anything as the guild I run with is getting 90% of the loot and my frickin' pots and flasks are expensive and I am generally too lazy to do daily quests every day if even once or twice per week.

Gah.

Other then that, the last game that gave me any real problems was FEAR. I bought for my PS3 and played up until the level where you rescue the business dude and the fire alarms are going off. Then I started playing a ton of Tiger Woods 07 and got back to FEAR a month later and had no clue what I was doing. After an hour of running around I eventually just restarted the level and finally remembered what to do as soon as I got back to where I was stuck at.

A game that gave me tons of problems: Commander Keen. Not just the first, but all 6. Those damn games made me want to yank my hair out at some points. Some of those levels were so damn hard to an 8 year old kid :lol:

15. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

MoH Airborne - I missed the lift cage (and subsequent ladder) in the final room (can't remember what it was called) to get down to the ammo cage, I spent about an hour running all around the damned flack tower to find it, then went back in there for a second time and walked around the room looking at absolutely everything until I found it lol felt like a muppet, but it should have been a bit more obvious! (the door to the lift on the level you are standing is closed so you have to go up the ladder, but the first time I saw it was closed I went to try and find an alternate route, not realising there was a ladder upstairs because it was around the corner and GArgh lol mum came in and asked me something and I went ballistic at her and was apologising for days).

Last edited: 24 Sep 2007
  16. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I got stuck on F.E.A.R.

I know! The most linear game ever, nothing clever about it! I just so happened to drop the mouse just as the game unstuck from an autosave and I span round uncontrollably. Thus, I ran back the way I came, which looks surprisingly different from heading the correct direction. For hours I ran around in freaking circles.

17. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

yep i was going to post this one too
    that last level in the flak tower was a horrible example of game design, i got lost every single objective
    i'd try to follow my squadmates only for them to run into a corner and just crouch there forever:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
    took me so long to find that tiny lift :(

i died a bunch of times just jumping over railings to get down because icouldnt find the right ****ing lift
    arghh :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

18. Firehed

Ah yeah, that makes sense too. That one where you have to kinda loop around and under. I know exactly where you mean. Sector 6 playground area... can't find a screenshot for the life of me though.

19. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

yeh that sounds about right firehed, felt such an ass when i got passed it

20. Firehed

Don't feel too bad, I think that got me screwed up the first time I was playing through.

Tags: