1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Dead in Finland School Shooting

Discussion in 'Serious' started by antiHero, 7 Nov 2007.

1. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

From BBC
    Full story here.

Great now we have the same stuff here then in the States :wallbash:

2. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

People are people no matter where they live, the US gets more than its share of this **** but it happens every where.

3. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Please, people please keep this thread clean.

Five or maybe seven (unconfirmed) says this, shooter might be one of them. Sorry, finnish article. Someone else translate it please.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Three dead now, several wounded. The guy actually left a small manifesto and some various other bits of info at this address: http://koti.phnet.fi/pres/a/jokela/ - it's slightly disturbing that I agree with a lot of what he writes. Guy seems like a complete pratt though, one of those types who thinks because they've got a gun that makes them somehow better than unarmed people.

edit: And a Finn I know in Helsinki says the guy was captured, either because he chickened out or failed to suicide, which was aparently his intention. And no, I don't have sources on that (they'd be in finnish anyway).

5. ZenX

ZenX How are you gentlemen?

I heard that there are now 7 dead, and about 10 injured. This kind of stuff makes my blood boil ! The shooter has been caught according to the news. If he hates humanity altogether, why did he even try to make the world a better place for anyone else? Apparently he tried suicide, but failed even at that. The Töölö general hospital says that the guy is in critical condition. I am sorry for the parents and students at Jokela High School, and everyone who is somehow related to this case..:sigh: I hope this person gets locked up for the rest of his miserable life, if he survives.:miffed:

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No it's not. It is just that you don't confuse the means with the end, like he did. Ideals are only as good as the process by which they are realised. Not many people seem to understand that.

7. Andersen

Now it's eight dead. Shooter in critical condition.

8. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Damn i hope he survives and comes to jail. Its a big f...ing mess up there.

off topic:
    Andersen are you Finnish?

9. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Fatal Shooting at School in Finland

Man on a mission
    In it he said: "death and killing is not a tragedy... Not all human lives are important or worth saving."

He wrote that he was acting alone and nobody is to blame for his actions. "This is my war: one man's war against humanity, governments and weak-minded masses of the world."
    Makes you wonder how many more are thinking along these lines? Is this just the tip of the iceberg? :worried:

10. Nexxo

Gee, do you think them terrorists that keeps blowing themselves up everywheres may feel the same way?

11. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

err Terrorists are blowing themselves up due to issues of interference from western nations. This guy is looking at humanity as a whole and judging it. Two very different topics.:nono:

12. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

well shoot, i'd go nuts too if my first name was Pekka

Source

13. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

It was awful when school shooting happened in states, but now in here too! :( Realy distressing... This makes me sick, angry and sad. :waah: :miffed:

14. Nexxo

This guy certainly takes it to a more personal level, but rest assured that there are many suggestible alienated young people in the Middle East who think the same way. Their hatred is more focused on the West specifically because there is this convenient local anti-Western framework that fits nicely with their psychological issues. The Finnish guy simply had to look a little bit further afield. But many recent Western school shooters proclaim to be motivated by similar sentiments.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2007
  15. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The question i would like to ask these people who go around killing, is 'Why?'

I just don't understand what goes through peoples minds.

Sam

16. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Pekka is a normal name around here, so shut up!

17. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

hells_bliss a little on the insensitive side dont you think... shooter now confirmed dead

18. Nexxo

How long have you got?

Actually, I'm going to take a shortcut. After the recent American incident I did a psychological formulation on school shooters here. The same story probably applies here.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2007
  19. Andersen

Yup. About a hundred kilometers north from your location.

20. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Pekka is a terrorist, not all terrorists have the same enemies, motives, etc but the psycho is a terrorist. Family & friends of the fallen should have been allowed to start first, then family & friends of the injured could have continued the torture. If the sikko was still alive after that, then the general public should have been allowed to administer torture. Capital punishment via torture is a much greater deterent than a firing squad or lethal injection.