Cooling Mat is Back!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by *mat-ster*, 19 Sep 2002.

1. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Hi all, well what can I say!

1) My Raid crashed Nooooooooooo
    2) msgsrv32 (not responding) Ahhhhhhhhhh!

But now
    1) Hard drive (bad sector) repaired by IBM's DFT (excellent little programme) - I must add. http://www.storage.ibm.com/hdd/support/download.htm

2) This one was an nasty interrmitant problem! Computer hangin, etc.etc Guess what this was?.....................A faulty / damaged mouse wire :naughty: Anyways got the new Explorer v3 :)

Get to the point Mat, I here you say
    Well I hav been thinkin for a while about goin for a proper sub-zero kooling solution (no not Tecs and antifreeze) but Phase change!

So what do ya reckon, the new Vapochill or the Prometeia

2. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

that sucks bro....number 1 reason to go 0+1......

ive herd that the prometia is pretty much u get what u pay for...they say its just a cheaper quaility vapor chill....

3. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Which cools by at least 20c better and thrashes the vappochill in every quarter but looks.:p

It also costs more I think.

However there must have been something right in that statement.................

Hi Matt, by the way.:rock:

4. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

not in the prices ive seen......but then again that wuz back when it first started to come out.....

*btw i just looked around an vaporchill lowered their prices, its even on their site that they lowered their prices recently, now they are around the same price, like $600-675 depending on the reseller.......*

Last edited: 19 Sep 2002
  5. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Matt is back :clap:

Sorry to here of your hiccups, but you back now that all that Matt ers *pun* intended.

Not sure on the chillers, not really convinced there for everyone.

6. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

Thnx all :D

Hey hav you read up on these systems, they have some fantastic OC's. This has to be the future!

The ProMe costs £414 from http://www.cpucity.co.uk/ACATALOG/Prometeia_cases.html

The similar spec (but uses PSU NOT mains Vapo) costs £468 from http://www.chillblast.com/

so not only is it better (ProMe) but cheaper too! This is one meeeen SPEEDMASTER

I know thats pricy but the cost's have been reducing every year :clap:

I also noticed that Chip-Con are developing a graphics cooling solution.

Tags: