Beer & Taste

Discussion in 'General' started by Poisonous, 22 Feb 2008.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

For both taste and effects, also social if I ever happen to find myself surrounded with people.

After sauna it's just great to pop open a beer and relax.

2. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

Bath ales festival Cheesecake
    im rather spoilt for choice for local microbreweries now that i think about it plenty of nice ales and bitters for me.

for all you corona fans the reason they put the lime in it is because it tastes like pee
    and Guinness brewed in the uk isnt very nice either tbh

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I didn't think they brewed Guinness in the UK any more? I thought the Park Royal brewery closed down a couple of years ago?

4. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

so it has, :blush: mind you the only pint of guinness ive had since then was towards the end of a round of pub golf at which point i wouldnt have known if it was nice or not:duh:

5. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Maybe it's a North American thing (or possible our beer) but they all taste the same to me (Like crap). When I do drink I drink socially, I don't like to drink to get Drunk, the after match of doing such is enough that I don't want to experience it again.

I would like to find that "good" beer that doesn't absolutely taste like crap to me. Anyone have a good recommendation on something in North America (or an import beer that can be found in North America) to try out? If I have to see another Coors, Bud Light, or Sam Adams touting "great taste" I'm gonna go postal because that is an outright lie if you ask me.

On a side note, I prefer the smooth taste of Crown Royal. It's the only Whiskey I like and will buy but that isn't a beer.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Funny you should mention, I tried one Corona and SOL while I was in Spain last summer... Just because they seemed more appropiate things to drink in there than here in the cold arctic circle, and I reckon they were thus far the least tasting beers I've tried. I tried to take the first one slow and see how it tastes, but as I didn't notice anything, the latter one was taken in a rather quick fashion.

Maybe the lime is there to make them taste even a bit?

7. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

mainly for taste and also for relaxing. a nice pint or bottle of crisp lager is nice on a hot day, so is a pint of heavy!! mm belhaven best... the cream of scottish beer!

8. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

I dont drink any alcohol

9. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

The lime is to keep flies out of the bottle, i've been told.

I like to relax with a nice bottle of something, recently the fresh taste of Budvar has been my choice.

10. PHPASP

PHPASP I LIKE TO CODE IT CODE IT I LIKE TO

11. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

i prefer a good real ale to anything else although unfortunatly im a bit limited in my choices over in Dubai and Bahrain (you know...cos they be muslim countries).
    But if im going to drink larger i much prefer the Asian market more than the European stuff. Tiger, Cobra, Tsing Tao, Sing Ha and Reeb are all perfectly quaffable assuming that they are cold.

But i mainly drink for the taste, Hang-overs are a right pain and i just cant be arsed with the recovery time.
    A good GnT never goes amiss tho :clap:

12. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I will drink the expensive stuff for the taste, the times that I drink the cheaper stuff is when I am in the mood for it or when its offered. My only big complaint is that usually the cheaper beers have no flavor or the worst flavor you could imagine, there are only a few that will actually cut it. And for the whole getting wasted thing, that happens on its own and only when I don't have to drive. Thats the great thing about having one person in the group who is too cheap to buy more than one drink. :D

13. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i didnt like sam adams anyway carry on

14. bort

bort What's a Dremel?

I love beer and I drink would drink non-alchoholic beer if I had to - thats the true test of whether you love the taste

most non-alchoholic beers taste like swill but I'm sure someone could engineer non-alcholic brews that tasted like the real thing

until they figure it out, I'll continue to drink and get drunk - and I'm not too broken up about it