Gaming Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Apr 2008.

1. Ragdoll84

Ragdoll84 AkA "Miss X-Box"

Going on past experience, I'm unconvinced that you've actually tried these special options.

2. Major

Major Guest

Really?, you don't say. ;)

You want to get fit or lose weight, you need a routine, a decent diet, and you need to work out and push yourself to the limit everyone without fail. I really hate how Nintendo have marketing this product, I'm a Nintendo fan, but they are false marketing this thing, paying big fitness celebrities to show what this thing can do is not right, and there are thousands of people out there that wiill buy this and say "I'm going to get fit with Wii Fit", I feel sorry for them. A few pushups a day, some yoga and some snowboarding won't do anything, you'd be better off walking around your area for 10 minutes, no really you would, I'm not kidding.

3. Ragdoll84

Ragdoll84 AkA "Miss X-Box"

You've probably already seen PA's 'Exertiones' from t'other, day but it links tremendously with the sentiments expressed above... and made me chuckle :) So I figured I'd share - just in case anyone hadn't.

4. Major

Major Guest

Haha that's awesome. ;)

5. ZeroX

ZeroX What's a Dremel?

for me who plan to use this as an excersice tool, i can say that I already attend the gym regulary, althou I have some problems with a knee that's make it impossible for me to go jogging, althou the yoga aswell as some other of the "games" can realy help me to get more fit without straining my knee to much.

ps. my doctor is very positiv towards the aspects of it! both as a complement in daily excersice aswell as a game!

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

The 2nd paragraph claims that the Wii's the cheapest console on the market, when in fact the 360 Arcade is.

7. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

id be a bit reluctant to buy the Arcade

Although M$ is trying to mandate that dev's must not rely on the HDD (which royally f*ks development of fast/big games) i don't think it will last
    And then you will find you want a game that you cannot play on the arcade (And then have to buy a new 360)

Then again, the 360 will probably burn out before that happens so it swings in roundabouts i guess

Any who, i was thinking of getting this the other day - but at £70 its like 1/3 the cost of the dang wii

Also, how does this communicate with the wii? do you connect it to the wiimote? or does it connect directly (in which case, your limited to 2 boards and 2 wiimotes?)

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Hmmn, the link on the review says £69.99 and takes you to Play.com, however they have it onsale for £108.99 - which is the typical online price that I can find. Although you can find it for £75 on ebay but its in Hong Kong and will cost £30 in postage. So I reckon its prime rip off material at the moment, so I think I'll wait for a bit.

Tags: Add Tags