1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Sinuskurve (sine curve)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sonnenschein, 8 Mar 2008.

1. derbaum

derbaum What's a Dremel?

@ froop ... you just need to write a mail to get your and only your position on the list.

anyway .. great case

p.s.: maybe the mfaq board is a better place to discuss the ratings....

Last edited: 25 Apr 2008
  2. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

Wow. Cleanest... wiring... ever! I love the case.

3. JAxen

JAxen What's a Dremel?

I got a hunch of a little Salvador Dali with this :D
    Looks awesome dude :thumb:

4. Sonnenschein

Sonnenschein What's a Dremel?

Thanks’ for all the praise. I’m much stoked about it…

@mutznutz: I love it too, but it was a really hard work. But after the finish I don´t regret any minute!

@Thacrudd: This was one of the main things which should the PC “be”. On the one site it should look like a PC, but one the other site it should look like an “sculpture” witch integrate in modern designed rooms.

@Rocket733: I didn´t ask why only 4th place. But I think the PC is too clean, so it isn´t really “interesting” for the most. And on the other hand the PC is only 99% clean work (because I´m not a CNC machine). White tubing – I think black is the best because so I have a really good contrast to the big white surface.

@ModimusPrime: Without a good planed cable management I would be maybe impossible to become more than 200meters cable under control…;-). I hope that I could show you more mods from me in the future.

@ichessblumen: At least I be your number one…;-). That´s maybe because your mods/cons are very clean and elegant too!!!

@FrooP: I hope derbaum had answer your question

@iwog: In my opinion the radiator is something special too. And the temps are also acceptable for an selfmade-inner-radiator which has to cool all chips and the voltage converter on the mainboard and the 8800GT.

@Cheapskate and Scirocco: If I find time, I´ll look for some interesting photos, also from mods witch I build in the past.

@mvagusta: 1. No I didn´t use rgb LEDs. Afterwards I would use rgbs maybe, because it is easier with them, only the control system would be maybe a little problem
    2. I use the 8 channel card from this side http://www.mattronik.com/
    3. The holes in the fins were 9mm and the copper pipes were 10mm so I pressed the fins with a “gauge” over the fins
    4. The side panels are fibreglass

@Ashaman: Yes, the PC should have look a modern look. So I love the PC also in 5 years...;-)

@Xtrafresh: The case is real big. It´s 75cm high and the curve is 34cm wide. And it weights ca. 35kg.

@rls669: It´s an usb relay card with 8 channels and with the software it had cost 50eu. I posted the link to the homepage in the answer for mvagusta

@thechoozen: Thanks’ for the help.

@JAxen: Thanks´for comparison with Salvador Dali...it´s a big honour for me.

@Jaguar_Infintiy, Cigano, DougEdey, Shadowed_fury, MrWizard, jokkos, derbaum, PrometheusCon (and the others): If I come in the “mod of the month-choice”, I´ll be very happy when you vote for me!!!

So I hope you understand my answers, if not please ask me again and I will try it again...;-)

5. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Those white fibre glass exterior panels are perfect :jawdrop: your english is good, but your skills are awesome :bow: :respect:

6. Major

Major Guest

Blooody hell that's good, at the start I was thinking "hmm gonna be a waste of time", but wow, that's very sculpture like!

A+ :D

7. MercuryRising

MercuryRising What's a Dremel?

respect, that is some awesome work there. I think you should put on a full walkthrough of your next mod, I'm sure it will be awesome and I surely have something to learn from you - neatness.

8. Sonnenschein

So you want some more pictures of my PC how it look behind the "sidepannels", and what you want is what you get....;-).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I know in some "places" it isn´t really perfekt. But nobody see it in the end and I think the cable choas isn´t so extrem when you know that in the case are more than 200meters of cabel. And all cables are "plug in".

And after the "chaos-pictures" here some more fine pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes and here the promided pictures of other mod I build

My first mod "BS-Baumstamm" - a 147 years old PC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    for this mod I needed 600 hours (a year)

The second mod (CE-Mod) "Noxon iRadio im Feng Shui style"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    for this internet Radio I needed 150 hours

And my thrid mod "Dream in White"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and for this I needed 60 hours (a week)

And all hese mods I build in the last two years.

I hope you will enjoy these pics, and if you have question, please ask me.

9. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

[​IMG]

are those speakers?

10. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

wondefull

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

You sir are an artist :clap: Original & awesome stuff, the lot of them, wow after wow. The tree trunk is cool, i always wanted to see someone do something like that! Those white rocks in the pc & psu are a really original & very cool idea :jawdrop: I might dare offer some constructive criticism for you: i reckon it would be cool to have the internal walls covered with wood vener, and a few clear coats on top :idea:

Your three white cases look like ultimate future designer versions of apple pc's :clap:

12. nikeunltd

nikeunltd Epic destruction around machinary

plugs on the back??

This is a very impresssive case. very clean and very classy. its like a show piece in some museum of modern art.

but i have one question. what does the plugs do on the back bottom of the case do? what are they function? i know they are connected to some controller, but im just not sure.

13. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

[​IMG]

That, sir, is absolute master class! Before i go on, i want to say that this is all built rediculously well, and way better then anything i could ever make. The following criticism is meant as constructive. In your posts i sense that you really believed you had a shot at the prizes, and you wonder why you didn't win.

I think you definately have the skills and creativity to win. There are a few things standing in the way.

First of all:
    The judges see it, and they care. If you want to win these competitions, you need to build a machine that feels in any sense perfect. The picture i re-posted proves that you can do it. Really, spend the extra time, and you will see the payback.

Second:
    The case is too big for what's in it. As a result, it misses that sense of perfection that we are looking for. In the picture above, the motherboard is sitting slightly too deep. This gives a person looking at it the idea that you are wasting space.

Third:
    Lack of uniformity in the design. I really like the curves, and they are everywhere, except for the top plate. Why is that one not curved too? It somehow disrupts the other lines of the case, making it less pleasing to the eye.

That's it. Again, al the praise to you for making this, i could not have done anything even close.

14. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Holy Wha man, that thing is very impressive! Incredibly creative ideas there, and the lighting looks EXCELLENT! :clap:

15. Sonnenschein

Today I was with the PC in a „Audi-centrum“in our region to make some photos with the „legendary“ Audi R8 in white.

I will show you the pictures tomorrow, because I´ll get them from the photograph first tomorrow. Today I can show you only the “transport-case” for the PC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The plexicase is 78cm high, 50cm wide and 60cm long.

@Thacrudd: Yes these are two speakers in the same design

@yodasarmpit: Thanks´ that you have the same opinion like me

@mvagusta: Thank you for your criticism. And I know that the tree trunk isn´t really perfect, but I hope you can forgive me because it was my first mod.
    And yes, the three white mods have a modern design

@Xtrafresh: Thanks for the criticism too. The first point is complete right. But to make this PC better is virtually impossible for an 18 years old pupil I think. Point two, well this is maybe right, but I think it looks so better, more than a “work of art”. And Point three I don´t realize, but at the DCMM somebody told me the same.
    I hope I learn from it and make it in the future a little bit better. But for me it´s more important to “have fun” with the PC the next 5 years than to have a cup…;-)

@gvblake22: Thank you and the lighting system was this thing I spend the most time in it.

See you tomorrow with the new pictures Sinecurve vs. R8 (hopefully)

Last edited: 30 Apr 2008
  16. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Man major respect. Those mods are fantastic but I must say Sinuskurve is the best of your work so far. Keep up the fantastic work, I can't wait to see your next mod.

17. compmodder

compmodder What's a Dremel?

Dude, again, amazing work and good luck with MoTM... definitely got my vote!!!:clap:

18. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

The lcd on top is hooked up to the graphics card right? I cant see where they connect do you have any photos?

19. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I like your previous mods as well, good job all the way! I really hope you win the Mod of the month-contest.

20. Sonnenschein

So today the promised pictures...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Unfortunatly it wasn´t possible to drive the R8 in a fotostudio to make really good pictures, but I think the result is although acceptable, or that do you think???
    Good detailpictures will come next week I hope.

@The boy 4rm oz: Yes the Sinuskurve is in my opinion the best work too, but it´s also the mod I spend the most time and the most money...;-)

@compmodder and the rest how vote for me: Thank you all!!!!!!

@shadow12 and nikeunltd: Yes the tft get´s the signal from the graphics card. One of the plugs on the back bottom of the case is connected with the tft, and the plug is again connceted with the graphics card. The big plugs are plugs for more LEDs, so I´m able to mod for examble a subwoofer with LEDs which shine in the same colour like the Sinuskurve. And the other two plugs (two pol) are connected with the relaiscard. So I´m able to navigate for example the "christmas tree lighting"...;-)

P.S.: The more people vote for me, the sooner I´ll start with a new project.....(I hope you understand what I wanted to say)...;-)

Last edited: 30 Apr 2008
Tags: