A week with no computer/net or TV

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Steve-0, 1 May 2008.

1. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Bindi (or any other mods), surely this revelation is against the BT Terms of Service?? Can't we do something about it? We shouldn't be tolerating such deviants and subversives...

Jeez... no t'interweb? The guy's going to have to actually talk to people and go to work and stuff.

Does not compute.

2. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Unless you're an MMORPG player or WoW player I don't think this would be necessary, at least I don't think it is for me.

I go out a lot already as it is. Thelast time I didn't use the internet for almost a week was when an Earthquake in South East Asia knocked out the internet to Hong Kong. Those were some dark days... thinking of it puts a tear to my eye.

3. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

I once lost all internet connectivity for 24 hours... I felt cold, cold all over... I didn't like it... I couldn't imagine the horror of being ripped from my technological existence kicking and screaming... you are a brave man sir, braver than I.

4. kitt

kitt Michael Knight

Computer says no. :blush:

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I had no internet for a month, and it was sooo nice, having to find other things to do, but, when you get it back, you then realise what you missed, heh.
    I would like to say good luck fella, give it a shot at least.

Sam

6. Glider

Glider /dev/null

My router blew this weekend (power surge on the entire net). Went a weekend without internets (UPS saved my PC, but died trying), didn't miss it at all... Went gliding once again because it was a beautiful day and I couldn't do any schoolwork. Those things should happen more...

Anyway, now I got a reason to buy a new toy

7. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

went without the net for the weekend, flatmate changed the password with the ip but not on the router and wasnt home

8. JCG

JCG What's a Dremel?

:D Would be an interrestng experience for me as I repair TVs for my job.

9. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I think I'll have to talk to my boss before doing something like this. I repair computers for a living, and all documentation and invoice happens on a computer...

10. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Did this for two weeks after hurricanes hit.. Granted we also didn't have A/C. Trust me when I say it sucked major ass. Had to take cold showers 2-3 times a day, slept on the tile floor due to the heat and humidity of a mattress. I had a little charge up FM radio to get the news since I couldn't check the net and the newspaper is more or less rubbish. I hope to never go through that again lol :p

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

There is help:

[​IMG]

But seriously, I do this every time I go on holiday abroad in Portugal. When I can sit in the sun at the seaside reading, eating nice food, drinking good wine and generally chilling with my wife, it is not such a big deal to do without technology for a while. :D

12. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I don't have a tv anymore, moved about 9 months ago, didnt bother taking the old one with me and didnt buy a new one, I dont miss it at all... no pc? that one would be tough.... imagine working for cisco and not using a computer:D, besides, as a mmorpg player there is no chance that I could survive a prolonged period without the pc apart from a once per year or so holiday.