Music Do you hear music in your head?

Discussion in 'General' started by mattthegamer463, 23 Jun 2008.

1. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

yea me 2 it can be very clear too

i wrote a song in my sleep once but i cant remember it :(

2. Major

Major Guest

Unbelivable that you bring this thread up.

I came back from my run on Saturday, took my earphones out, and then sat down in the other room. I could then hear Hotel California in my left ear, so weird!

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it also happens to me... it shuffles and most of the time it repeats... but i can force it to change to a music i like by remembering the music.

ps: i started hearing "toxic" from BS, i forced it to change to one of rammstein's tracks.

edit: thanks for posting this thread, i was also thinking i was becoming mad...

4. quack

quack Minimodder

I hear the sound of drums.

Can't you hear it? Inside my head. I thought it would stop. But it never does. It never, ever stops. Inside my head. The drumming, the constant drumming.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

What this?

No wonder you're going mad...

Last edited: 23 Jun 2008
  6. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

very often -- although it's mainly at work when i'm trying to tune out the DIRE music that plays there, without even realising i'm doing it.

7. quack

quack Minimodder

No, not Kula Shaker. :p I was quoting The Master from Doctor Who actually.

8. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

No, Not at all actually. I'm pretty sure its normal to not hear music in your head. Although I do understand sometimes people get part of a song stuck in their head and it loops, but nothing like an MP3 player, unless your a savant or something.

9. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I live and breath music, I'm almost always listening to music. If there is nothing on then I'm usually 'listening' to something in my head. Whatever song(s) I happen to be really into at the time. I also 'hear' my own music a lot, stuff I've come up with.

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Read Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks (the neurologist that the film "Awakenings" was based on). The book is all about people who hear music in their heads (sometimes to the exclusion of everything else) and the possible neurological causes for it.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

In a quiet environment - Yes, I do.

Noisy environments? I typically space out.

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Another thing I'm aware of is getting really, really funny or really, really disturbing scenes from shows stuck in my head on loop.
    That moment in Toy Story 2 when the 3 aliens chant "You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!" to Mr Potatohead, and the look he gives them, is just playing over and over.

The result is that I'll often remember it, play it through in my mind, and burst out laughing for no apparent reason. People tend to get used to this. It also helps me get through the day.

Disturbing ones are less convenient. The moment in Band of Brothers when a german infantryman is run over by a tank was so unspeakably awful that it stuck in my head for days, making me twitch, wince and look nauseated and traumatised (which I was) for no apparent reason.
    That didn't help so much.

13. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I hear music all the time and sometimes i mix and sample the sound of my surrounding. Its a lil annoying sometimes as I have problems falling asleep when its to loud around me.
    But most of the the time its just the soundtrack of my life.

14. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

all along the watch tower hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm

its that fracking music again!

15. don_Martin

don_Martin Minimodder

Lucky you, all I've got is this constant ringing in my ears. Try to imagine a high pitch noise, not far from that of a dentist's drill, constantly, mercilessly playing in your ears. I have lived with it for as long as I can remember. As long as there are other sounds around, I can sort of block it out of my mind. When I am in totally silent environments on the other hand, the ringing goes into overdrive...

If I can learn to live with a constant ringing in my ears, I think you'll be fine with some nice relaxing music. :)

Edit: Some info on my condition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

Last edited: 23 Jun 2008
  16. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I wake up with a random song in my head every morning. Usually from the 80's for some reason....and never a whole song, just a catchy part of one.

17. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I often struggle to get Take On Me by a-ha out of my head.

18. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I have had a song in my head for about a year. I can't place what its from and its so annoying, It's a small section and its some kind of theme.

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

on loop thanks to mattthegamer463...

20. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I just realized something, I don't own a license to listen to the music in my head, I hope the RIAA doesn't go after me after they read my post in this thread!