1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress McGrego's X-Cruiser - painted interior

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by McGrego, 21 Jun 2008.

1. McGrego

McGrego What's a Dremel?

well guys this is my first post , ive been reading the forums for a long time and well im really amazed of the quality of the mods, i have learned many things from here and i think its my time to put them to practice!.

My case is an aspire x-cruiser , a budget mid atx case , with i have been a hard time finding mods on this case.

i previously cut the grills that are very restrictive , removed a plastic whirl or "something similar" that is on the front, i replaced the side acrylic with a clear one (didnt like the side fan grill allowing extra noise coming out and interfering with front to back airflow), removed all the hd support section for increased airflow and replaced the grills , carbon fiber vinyl on 5 1/2 covers, and other small things

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

well my first step will be to try to paint the inside something like flat black and try to replace those 2 80mm fans with 2 120mm fans

i want to add something like this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but i need to cut by the red line because the yellow circled things are touching the fans , and then i will have to cut a lot of alu in the front to allow the fans to breathe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Suggestions are welcome :D , and really needed !

Last edited: 22 Jun 2008
  2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Suggestions needed? -Why? You seem to be doing fine.:D

3. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Like cheapskate said, you have great idea's already. I would suggest some sort of easy wire management, that's always a bonus.

4. McGrego

McGrego What's a Dremel?

thanks guys!! i hope to do this really good!! and well about wire management is kinda hard in this case because theres no hard drive bays to hide some cables , so i have to go other ways , i had like a carbon fiber vinyl box were i used to hide a lot of cables like usb , cathodes , but i made the case look small inside! :wallbash:

well now its a quick update , yesterday i painted the inside of the case with semi flat black , and turned out better than expected :D :clap:, the pictures really dont do justice , and it reminds me the antec p182 se interior , i hope you like it!!

Sorry for the pics :( :duh:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

there are some small details but overall i like it :D

the next step will be to adapt the 120 fans at the front , or i dont know if its better to leave it like it is now , and i really need some ideas to hide the wires , my tools are limited , and maybe next week i will buy a dremel , because i previously bought 2 el cheapo and they burnt, and in other things i dont know to leave or not the carbon fiber vinyl on covers , what do you guys think?:blah:

Comments are welcome!! :thumb:

Last edited: 22 Jun 2008
  5. McGrego

McGrego What's a Dremel?

Well here are some of the pics i took , with the pc running , the paint makes the case look deeper and makes the heatsink and components stand outt , it needs some cable management , its going to be like this for some time while i dont buy the components i need , i will be ordering the following things when i arrive to portugal the 5th of august because in my country i cant find them:

1 Accelero S1 rev 2 cooler for the 8800 gt
    6 Noiseblockers blacksilents that are black with blue :D
    1 black cable sleeving
    1 silverstone vfd media center :naughty: (i have a nice secret place for it :D)
    30 Chrome Thumbscrews for replacing the actual screws
    1 Sata cd drive
    2 blue cold cathodes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well it seems i finally found a local shop that sells fiberglass , i want to do something like a hood scoop or a spoiler on top of the case so bad! , i like the racing theme and the stealth theme too so i probably will do something between both , about the actual improvements, i installed only one fan while i dont have the dremel , ansd the difference is noticeable , my mobo and vga temps dropped like 3 degrees and the cpu 4 degrees , cant wait to install the other fan!

ow and sorry i forgot to say the specs of the system
    E6400 OC @ 3.33 ghz stock volts (my stepping has a high stock vcore)
    P5K-e wifi
    8800gt
    OCZ Gamextream 700w
    2gb Corsair ddr2
    250gb wd hd
    thermalright ultra 120

Tags: