P182 door problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Demon Cleaner, 10 Jul 2008.

1. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

I just received my brand new P182 and am having problems with the door. I was led to believe that this would freely swing open to 270 degrees. However mine only goes to 190ish. Can anyone confirm whether this is a double hinged system? I've pushed it (gently) a bit further and the bottom of the grilled section (between the door and the main case) seems to give a bit, but the top bit won't budge - well it might, but I got a feeling the whole door might just come off with it! I've seen a video where a guy just gently swung it all 270 degress, so I don't see why it would need to be forced. It still has it's plastic wrapper protecting the door on, but I don't see how this can be obstructing anything.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Whalemeister

Whalemeister is so hot right now!

The door on mine was a "little" stiff when I first got mine too.

I just applied even and gently increasing pressure and it finally popped all the way back and is fine now. I was really worried about breaking it and it did make a rather worrying sound when it finally popped all the way back.

Hope this helps

3. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

Thanks very much. Just tried it and it worked. A tiny piece of plastic flew into my face from where the double hinge is locked! I guess it's just the way it's manufactured and some may be harder than others to open at first.

4. blah

blah Minimodder

Mine only goes 190^

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's a double hinged door, just keep pushing at 190^.