Case Mod - In Progress Project, Lian Li In The Mix

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by icutebluezone, 31 Jul 2008.

1. Darkstyle

Darkstyle What's a Dremel?

Soo... you do know with that name you need to ruin the front? :clap:
    Nice going on all the Covers

2. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

A great start and a beautiful case to work with. I will be watching this one.

3. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Thanks Just looking to see if i can find a Black side panel for the other side at moment and emailed a couple metal shops to see if thay have any alloy sheets.

Dont no what i will do with the front apart from change the drive covers and the power button. Any ideas.

4. icutebluezone

Tiny update.

Got a key start switch, going to use it in the power curcit. You will have to turn the key on and then press a power botton. Not to sure were power button will be. Will stop people going on pc when im not round. :) It fits perect into the hole.
    [​IMG]

Going to change the power and HDD led to chrome holders with leds in them.
    [​IMG]

Also where the big ugly system speaker is im going to cut a 90mm fan hole and install a mesh vent there.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Aug 2008
  5. The boy 4rm oz

Nice idea with the key start. I like those LED holders, so...shiny lol.

6. icutebluezone

Found a place that i can get alloy sheet from 1mm to 12mm sheet alloy. only going to need to use 1.5mm alloy lol i think 12mm is a little over kill for the panels. :)

7. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Nice,looking good :thumb:

8. Nooby4Ever

Nooby4Ever 2 left hands

I aslo want that keystarter.... heheh can't wait to the next update

9. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

In know it's in the States, but Performance-PCs carries the replacement side panels for both sides...at least they did, lol. I had done something similar with a V2K mod I did a couple years or so back, by replacing the stock silver panels with black ones.

Good luck with your mod!

10. antipatico

antipatico What's a Dremel?

If you need a black side panel (for the non-windowed/ back of motherboard side) for your lian-li 1000, I'm 95% sure I have one in my closet or under my bed, it is black and in good condition.
    Let me know.

edit : I found it, its in really good condition IMO, just a couple tiny almost unnoticeable scratches on the upper-mid section. There is also a couple pieces of tape stuck to the inside of in the panel (the one facing the inside of the case), but I'm sure those can be easily removed.
    I also found another one that is in rough shape, but I'm sure if you wanted you could cut it down for your drive bays. So I have 2 in total, one in excellent condition, one with a couple dents and scratchs. Let me know if you are interested.

The project is looking good! :D

Last edited: 6 Aug 2008
  11. icutebluezone

Hay sweet man. :clap: I just emailed Profomace-pc.com to see if thay would ship to NZ / New Zealand so waiting for a reply from them.

Also Were abouts do you live? what Would shipping be do you no? :confused:

12. icutebluezone

Nice. Yeh trying there at moment. :)

13. icutebluezone

Yeh its a nice one to chrome and shiny and will match the bezel leds in going to use. :)

14. antipatico

antipatico What's a Dremel?

I am in Wyoming (USA) at the moment, but will be Ft. Collins (near Denver) Colorado (USA) in a week.
    I noticed after I made my post that you were in NZ, so I don't know that I would be of much help.
    If you do not have any other luck, I probably could just give you the side panels, if you cover shipping, but I imagine it will be expensive, around $100 USD :(

15. icutebluezone

Yeh Im ALLLLLL the way over in NZ. :( Will get back to you antipatico about the panels. hopfully i have a reply tomorrow from protomance-pc.

Update time. :)

Last night i finished designing up the drive cover and devider panels in CAD. Still thinking of what to do on the Side of the drive bay cover.

Did sum more stripping. On the case.
    [​IMG]

Only part i dont think will be going back in the case is the little panel devider for the PSU,
    [​IMG]

Removed the HDD rack and spinned it round so HDD slide in from the other side of the case now and hide the cables better. Still got to drill the holes for it in the case.
    [​IMG]

The devider panel. Time to mod it.
    [​IMG]

Cut the ugly big speaker out and cut a hole for cables to go in. The big hole is going to be a vent hole with mesh in it.
    [​IMG]

After 6 cutting disc's later i have this. I only had them really thin cutting disc's run out of the big strong cutting disc's. But i got there in the end.
    [​IMG]

Test in case.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next thing i got to do is make the stock hole were the cables normal go a little longer just to make it look nicer and little bigger.

Going to go into town on weekend and get sum leds and couple switchs and buttons. And finsh designing up the panel for the bottom of the case.

16. The boy 4rm oz

Lian Li's make perfect carcasses lol.

17. ModimusPrime

ModimusPrime The Dremelator

Nice work mate, you didn't need extra pics after all, Measurements are almost exactly the same! ;) Looking good.

BTW Performance Pc's do ship internationally to Aus, that's where I got most of my stuff from so I see no reason why they wouldn't to NZ. Keep in mind that shipping is expensive. To Aus they charge around the $60US to ship out a panel and some nic nacs.

I'll definantly keep an eye out on your progress untill it heaps up enough for me to venture back out to my shed and return to work on mine!

18. icutebluezone

Thanks :) yeh after the panel and T sata and T molex plugs to when i get the panel if i can get it from them. Only green T plugs in NZ i want black. :duh:

19. icutebluezone

This it not realy a update but a test lol.

I grabed the PSU devider and tryed to do brush alloy effect on it.

Panel stock
    [​IMG]

Panel after i attacked it. lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a couple little marks on it apart from that it looks kool. I think.

Aslo i got a mobo for free just had to pay postage. Dont no if it goes or not but its going to be my dummie template mobo. :)
    [​IMG]

All i no is its a Ondata VP4M, Socket 478 P4 CPU, 1 AGP4X / 3 DIMM / 4 PCI / 1 ACR / 2 ide / 1 floppy.

Would hate to have that as a real mobo look where the 20 pin and 4 pin plugs are right in the bloody middle of the board lol. Looked the model up on the net could hardly find anything in english lol.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2008
  20. The boy 4rm oz

That brushed alloy effect turned out really well. Nice work.

Tags: