Motors Inconsiderate parking

Discussion in 'General' started by Ninja_182, 11 Aug 2008.

1. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

I'm sure I'm not alone in this but I find people who use disabled spaces with no disability incredibly annoying. I was at the local chippy earlier today and a guy pulled up outside the shop in a Range Rover Sport in a disabled space, part of me wanted to shout out the door "Hey. Whats with the walking" but I didnt (he was massive anyway).

A few moments after he left another guy pulled up and did the same thing except his inconsideration went even further which annoyed me so much I just had to photograph it and share it with everyone as forum based rant.

[​IMG]

There really should be some fines / points applicable to people who do this, I know you get done for it on public roads but private car parks are exempt.

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

I have shouted on several occasions to people doing this.....and one time at work a GTM Libra 16v (http://www.gtmcars.com/images/libra_colours_2.jpg) pulled in the disabled spot thinking it was one of these incosiderate *******s, i waited, and out the old gaffer stepped with a cane in hand, blue card on the dash. Props to the old fella for such a nice car!:D

3. peteone

peteone Minimodder

Its a BMW, what a supprise :)

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You'll definitely get ticketed for that over here if you get caught. Of course we tend to have an insanely disproportionate number of handicapped::regular spaces but even still...

I saw some guy park like what you've got above at the mall on Christmas eve. Nowhere near a handicapped space, but taking up more than one space on 12/24 is asking to get your tires slashed (and what do you know, all four of his were). I'm not normally a fan of vigilante justice, but I really can't blame whoever did that.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Stop whining and take action if you care about it that much. Call the traffic warden, slash the tyres or just have a quiet or loud word.

6. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

It sometimes annoys me, but I suppose I always find that there are far fewer disabled people than there are spaces for them to park. At the Tesco's down the road, there are about 30 disabled parking spaces... and I doubt that there are often 30 disabled people in there at any one time - I'd say a maximum of 15, maybe 20 on a Sunday morning...

In the above situation however, I suppose there appear to be several free parking spaces adjacent to where the dude has parked, so the dude should have been more considerate...

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

A certain amount of spaces have to be for disabled people.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Can of spray paint and W.A.N.K.E.R down the side does the trick :thumb:

9. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

That's the up and coming sequel to S.T.A.L.K.E.R right?

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

The radiation gives you special wrist snapping wanking powers a la Mankz?

11. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

ooooo, careful now, not so rash, he might actually end up reading this!

Joe was right, do something about it when it happens, this probably the most pathetic way of dealing with it

To quote Mr. T "Get some nuts!"

12. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I see this all the time, and for some reason it's often new BMW's...

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yeah go to any supermarket, check the cars in the disabled or with-child spaces... almost always big posh cars.

14. RTT

RTT #parp

Do you see any competition for spaces? It doesn't look busy to me at all. So what's the problem? :confused:

15. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

respect

16. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

SAFE.

17. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I saw a Mercedes Mclaren SLR parked in Waitrose, Henley (well where else would you expect one :p) parked in the small car spaces taking up 2 spaces and a bit of road. There was an old guy argueing with the parking attendant and lots of people taking pictures :d

18. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

He would be back and gone by the time a parking attendant made it there (middle of a housing estate miles from town), slashing tyres as satisfying as it may be is vandalism and on CCTV and my mum was there and she hates confrontations. I don't even think traffic wardens have power in private car parks :confused:

RTT: The problem is one of morality. Some people are just too lazy to roll the car all the way into the correct parking space straight, then walk another few metres.

19. Binarywhore

Binarywhore Mrs Sleep

He's even parked over the line!! That's a fine that is!

It is unbelievably inconsiderate, people do it thinking they won't get caught (duurr) when it would be better exercise to just park lawfully and walk an extra 10 feet

What were you doing in the chippy anyway? You never eat chip shop food!

20. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Reading down the long list of hate I came to the same conclusion. Yeah fair enough if the carpark was busy but there's plenty of other spaces there. Got to use a bit of common sense with things like this.

/dons the flame resistant suite

Tags: