Displays Thoughts on moving LCD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kierax, 16 Aug 2008.

1. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Purely thinking about this I've no where near the finances for it at the minute, I've a 20' 16:10 Samsung 204bw, and for those long hours when talking to family, dealing with their issues, sorting out their orders online, and my own stuff plus my gaming, it hurts my eyes, now I have toyed with either buying a filter for it, to help cut out the horrid glare this tft gives off, or buying two smaller tft's? I used to have a 17' normal aspect LG tft, and I am tempted to buy two 17's and use them together having one to handle my msn window and run at a low brightness compared to my main window.

Anyone else with sensitive eyes had this problem and overcome it?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Have you not got any contrast controls? Most monitors I've encountered are barely visible at low-contrast settings, and all have been far too high-contrasted at the default/factory settings.

3. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

A lot of graphics cards allow you to adjust your display settings as well, which should give you even more control than the monitor buttons.

4. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I will have a play, thanks, out of interest do you think smaller tft's would reduce the glare I get after long gaming sessions or talking to family on msn. I've already considered setting white to grey in the system settings.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They should be exactly the same tbh. It's all about contrast adjustment, if it's too high, you'll be getting loads of glare from it.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

the size of the screen dosen't really matter, your either sat too close or the brightness isn't adjusted correctly for the ambient light conditions in your room.

plus you should always give yourself a break after 45mins of computer use, even if it just to get a drink.

Tags: