1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X360 Rapidfire controllers: Cheating???

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hazer, 11 Sep 2008.

?

Is using a rapidfire X360 controller online cheating?

Poll closed 11 Oct 2008.
  1. Yes. Nubs should burn in hell. Ban them all.

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. I think they need to play on 'rapid-only' servers.

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Who cares what what they do. I like the challenge!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. I OWN ALL OF YOU wif my RAPIDFIRE!!!!!

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hazer

Hazer In time,you too will be relixalated

I can tell you right now, these controllers fire at rates upto 45 times per second. You will not match that with your finger. Also, since the signal is perfectly timed, it has the side effect of not allowing the games built-in recoil to activate correctly. You wont be able to do that with your fingers either.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Just a side note: My post was made in jest, no need to get all arsey-serious :/

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I never thought of doing that. I got a Logitech G9 with the micro gear thing so I can flick that scroll wheel super fast. :D Interesting............ lol

4. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I tried it once with my G5 (which has a proper clicky scroll wheel) and whilst it let me empty the magazine of a deagle instantly, I still found it easier to kill people with it and the movement is completely alien to me.

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I removed the little clicker from my Cheapo Logitech and I can get to +/1 300 with a single flick. I don't use it for games though.

Also 45 shots in one second just turns your gun into a sniper rifle without the need to no-scope, in a way, I find the scroll wheel better since you can single shot as well.

EDIT: CoD4 for PC disables firing over a certain rate anyway.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2008
  6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It could go both way

yeah it's kind cheating but it kinda isn't

7. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I already max out the fire rate for the weapons using just my trigger finger (mouse or controller, I've used both on pc, and the controller for 360)

its funny when you put stopping power on an m9, and then kill people waving p90s because they've taken 15 rounds the equivalent of a USP45 to the head before they're 1/4 of the way through their mag.

*ninja edit*: I regularly beat people who use scroll wheels and rapid controllers, and have been accused of using both, though I never do.

8. SkiDave

SkiDave Minimodder

if the people using rapidfire believe that they should, should they even own a console??
    is it a mod for the controller or xbox?

9. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

bah, complaining couch potatoes! Play on PC and learn to play proper, then nothing short of triggerbots is going to be an advantage over you.

ninja edit: also read in jest

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

showing my ignorance here, once agian. does anyone think that IW would be able to fix this with an update, only let the gun fire at its designated fire rate, no matter how fast the trigger goes

on the vote i dont give a crap im only playing for fun, there arent even any achievements, whats the big attraction, maybe these people should go out and play a few different games

11. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

And fable 2 pub games spinnerbox tournaments which is basically mash a and hope you win.