News G1 Android pre-orders unavailable

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Sep 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

3. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I am definitely not surprised, T-Mobile may be a pretty terrible carrier but HTC seems to have built a pretty solid little device and Android is looking to be the mobile OS savior that everyone was hoping for.

4. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

That sounds quite iffy to me. You don't suspend you're pre-order program because it's "overwhelmingly popular". Either you've run out of expected stock, or T-Mobil is simply hype building by pausing their Pre-Order program so they can start it back up with even more demand for the device.

5. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

if I was using T-Mobile, and in the market for a new phone.. I would definitely get one of these :thumb:

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I would have been more inclined to pre-order last week, before I'd seen the thing. It looks like a horrible step backwards to those old Nokia communicator phones.

7. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

I'm not 100% convinced by the aesthetics of the G1 itself, but the android OS looks impressive. The depth of the menus, and the number of timesaving and intuitive features dwarf both Windows Mobile and the iPhone. The real deciding factor though will be the quality of 3rd party application development. The iPhone has a very impressive range of applications available, and Android will live or die for me based on whether it's developers can match these.

8. johnmustrule

johnmustrule What's a Dremel?

I think the modding is where it's at! Bring on the open scource, I don't think it'll be even an impressive feat for free apps to surpass the iphones capabilities.

Tags: Add Tags