1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA rumoured to be making new Syndicate

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Oct 2008.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Aahhh the original syndicate...reloaded it a couple of years back...the graphics are too horrible to look at now *grin*

No Spore yet...
    Black&White...played for a few hours but got fed up with characters not doing what you tell them.
    SIM's one...i played for about 3 hours...2 Hours to build a nice house and one hour getting annoyed at Sims not doing what you tell them. Then uninstalled. (I got it as a gift 'kay? Anyone want to buy an original version?)

I'm more a "settlers" and AoE type, an order is an order! ;-)

True, I can't wait to play the next C&C though :D

2. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

A Grand Theft Auto type game would work really well for this title IMO. Add in a 4 player co-op and there's a winning formulae for this classic titles revival. Here's hoping.

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

How the hell would a GTA mechanic work for this game, the whole point is you are a multi-national corporate entity not some bloody hoodlum who think baseball bats are cool.

4. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

This is awesome, as this was one of those strategy games of which only I was a fan among my godless, strategy hating friends, but seriously, EA, is Will Wright the only creative person you have working for you anymore? Are zombie versions of old IPs all we have to look forward to from your company?

And no, a GTA mechanic would not be appropriate here. But oh gods what if this is their MMO?

5. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Based on the original where by you could take control of any vehicle.
    Civilians being casually butchered in the hundreds and armed response being determined by your level of hostility, it's not to hard to imagine a game based around the GTA game mechanic. Obviously elements will need to be altered but the basis of a syndicate game is there.

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ohh, I think I just came a little!

Fantastic!

I just hope they don't mess it up...

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Yes, it would fit...
    though you'd need a fifth person as "coordinator"...wich is what the player of the original did.

8. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

I'm not sure what would be more exciting for me, a new Syndicate or a new Dungeon Keeper.

Tags: Add Tags