Case Mod - In Progress Project: LEXA

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by The boy 4rm oz, 10 Apr 2008.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Thanks mate. I am hoping to work on the CCFL harnesses this arvo so I may have an update after that.

2. The boy 4rm oz

Well guys I have a little surprise for you. I worked my ass off yesterday when I should have been getting homework done before I go away on Monday but no no no, I had to mod.

After 16months and 19days (I think lol), LEXA is finished. Yes you heard me finished, well the case is anyway. I still have to finish the RAM cooler.

Before we get to the pics of the finished case here Is how the CCFL harness turned out:
    [​IMG]
    It works perfectly, lights the CCFL and the LED in the switch.

And here are a few shots of how the cabling in the floppy bays turned out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now onto the pics of LEXA. I warn you in advance that the case is dirty and the pics are bad. For the final shoot I will give her a wash to remove the fingerprints and take some proper pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope you all enjoy those pics. I am really happy with how the chassis itself turned out. I am going away on Monday (coming back Friday) so don't expect any updates until after then. I have some school work to finish before I go away so that takes priority over the RAM cooler sadly :(. Until then...

Happy Modding.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

It's coming on winter here in the north so I'm thinking this rascal needs to get some nearly summer sun and some pics. This is really nice.
    Do you mind if I borrow your fingerprints from the pics? - LOL :clap::clap:

4. The boy 4rm oz

HAHA yeah feel free lol. Working with glossy paint sucks lol. I will give the exterior a wash with some warm water and polish the plexi pieces before the final shoot.

It's a beautiful sunny day here today. I am just a bit busy to take her outside and get some good pics. I will wait for the final shoot before I show you her in all her glory ;).

5. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

Congrats on the completion! It looks great! :clap:
    Get your priorities straight, man! (j/k, get your school stuff handled!) We'll look forward to the full photoshoot.

I like the red and black connectors and heatshrink in the wiring harness.

6. The boy 4rm oz

Yeah I didn't want to get the solderer out (I do more harm than good with it) so I opted for crimp together connectors (the red one on the right). I chose those red female spade connectors because they were very easy to use lol (slide cable in and crimp) plus the red lets me know they are for the LED pole on the switch. I know it looks a bit messy and I considered making a mesh cover for all the wires but you can only see them if you are looking directly through the PSU end of the case.

7. ChurchofVirus

ChurchofVirus What's a Dremel?

Your mesh and acrylic work is great. Such simple material can go so far. I've watched your work for awhile now but have not yet said nice stuff!

8. The boy 4rm oz

Thanks a lot church.

9. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

Nice work man. Finished aye. You will have to start a new project. ;) hint hint a Lian Li. :D

Thats a lot of wire you have there.

10. The boy 4rm oz

Thanks icute. The case is finished but the mod isn't. I still have to get the RAM cooler finished and there is still a bit of work to do on the cable management side of things but that has to wait until I get all the hardware inside.

As for the next mod I actually have 4 planned lol. 1 will feature a Lian Li and will be the flagship build for a custom PC business I want to open some years down the track. This won't be happening too soon with me going to Uni next year so I am guessing that mod is probably around 5-10 years away lol. Another mod will feature a new Silverstone Titan. This one is a fair way off as the ideas are still in my head and not on paper lol. The other 2 are small mods and I should be able to start sending email out about sponsorship very shortly after finishing LEXA.

11. icutebluezone

Yeh tru cable management takes ages.

:O good to see you are using a Lian Li. :D

12. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Good to see it finished Oz - top stuff duder :D

13. The boy 4rm oz

@icute - Yeah I have to do at least 1 Lian Li ;).
    @Colossous - Thanks mate.

14. ModimusPrime

ModimusPrime The Dremelator

Looks really good mate, clean and sharp. The green acrylic also gives a great contrast to the black and it all works well together.

Look foward to seeing everything finished.

15. The boy 4rm oz

Thanks Modimus. I'm going away for a week guys so no update till the weekend. When I get back I wanna get the RAM cooler complete ASAP so I can get all my gear in the case.

16. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

Green and black always works well together. Cable management in the floppy bay is also very nice. Well done on finishing it!:thumb:

17. The boy 4rm oz

Thanks a lot moose.

18. The boy 4rm oz

Hey guys, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that I Have started the final "Project:" engraving for the RAM cooler.

The bad news is that my Dremel is now broken. I cut out the piece of plexi that was required and when I attached the engraving bit (not using the flex shaft) my Dremel decided it would be funny to get stuck on full speed. On all the speed setting my Dremel is running flat out, I don't want to attempt to engrave like this. I now have to wait until tomorrow until I can take the Dremel back to the place I brought it from and they will probably send it to America for repairs, such a head F**K!!!. Looks like someone doesn't want me to finish this mod lol.

Well looks like this probably wont be finished before Christmas now :(.

I'll keep ya posted.

19. icutebluezone

bummer dude. couldnt you buy a cheap dremal? $20 one?

20. The boy 4rm oz

Even the cheap ones are around $80 here. I had one, when it died I got the Dremel. Had teh Dremel for 6 months before it crapped itself :(.

Tags: