News Blizzard: "We're not milking StarCraft 2"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Nov 2008.

1. Noob4ever

Noob4ever always learning

Now I myself dont really like the way this is sounding, simply because episodic gaming is one thing, its a new chapter in the game, but only a chapter, and ends on that note, but it has some completion. Now, taking into account a game like SC2 will be, should be, whatever, We're taking three intertwining story lines and breaking them up into one a year segments, all ive got to say is WTF, I'm sorry but wasn't part of the uberness of SC1 the way all three race campaigns intertwined so you could see the various thought processes going on behind the scenes and get a fuller picture, now basically your going to play the first game, then wait a year, play it again to refresh on the story and then start the second, and rinse and repeat........... what a crock, and you cannot honestly tell me that cash flow issues apply to blizzard at this point in time.........

I mean give me a break people, SC1 was uber for the gameplay, which is what made it so great, but I really doubt any RTS game has such great gameplay that I'm going to pay 50 bucks for a third of the story, much less 150 over 3 years time for all of it............ its simply that they want to make more money.........

I'm dissapointed in blizzard, used to be the one company that I could care less that they decided to extend a game development time another year or two, cause they had great gameplay and a damn good story to go with it.......... but this is simply a for profit deal........

especially when considering the fact that if theyve built a world builder anything like sc1 had that now that theyve got the code written and down, additional campaigns are not that difficult to plan out and execute in terms of gameplay, its simply story and movies and voice overs needing to be done.

IE

MONAY MONAY MONAY

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

StarCraft 2 says Mmmooooooo!!!!

3. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i'd have more respect for them if they just admitted it.

4. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

I'm puzzled by the idea of splitting the game by means of factions.

The first game only about Terrans? WTF!!!. If they split the game, while retaining stories of all factions in each game, that'd be alright. The same way the storyline in the first StarCraft went.

5. Corz

Corz What's a Dremel?

I agree with C0nKer, I've been waiting for this game for so long and find terran the least interesting faction to play. At the very least they should include the first few maps of the other factions campaigns.

6. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I can absolutely, positively garuntee that I will only buy one of these games and if I want to play the other two I can absolutely positively garuntee that I will torrent them....

7. RawrBQ

RawrBQ What's a Dremel?

The extreme level of defensiveness would suggest that not only are they milking it for as much as possible, but that it might not satisfy as much as it originally could have.

Don't know if I'm going to get it now, unless it really is worth the price of 3 full games. Just getting one would be silly.

8. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

LOL at some of the comments on here.

Milking a franchise is;police academy 7,The simpsons season 21, Friends season 11 etc ...we are only now getting Starcraft 2 after what 9 years or more.

Milking the franchise :lol:

Made my day that.

9. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

10. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

QFT, Blizzard are not EA.

need i say more

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

But they might turn into EA2... another franchise started here? :eyebrow: