1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Laptop/Notebook Bags

Discussion in 'General' started by Gushy, 12 Dec 2008.

1. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Muji
    Do nice lappy bags with handles.

2. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

wofticket: I'd thought about doing that but I'm always concerned that a sleeve would give as much protection from drops etc.

Techair do seem to be quite nice I'm liking what I see with those. I'll have to google Muji now, not come across those yet.

3. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

timbuk2

4. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

+1 for Crumpler. Absolutely love mine.

5. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Also a lover of Crumpler. They are expensive, but I've never had any of mine wear out (plus I can get 'em cheap-ish sometimes if I'm lucky :D ).

6. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

I spent ages looking around when i got my mbp a few months back, i ended up getting a booq mamba saddle. It's really well made with plenty of room for laptop, charger, lots of uni notes etc. I'm considering one of these too.

7. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

Crumpler certainly seem to be popular.

That Mamba Saddle looks nice.

All these bag manufacturers I'd never heard of before. I hadn't realised there was such a market for laptop bags.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That Mamba Saddle does look nice.. Shame I can't use messenger bags anymore.

Already got a massive kink in my collar bone thanks to messenger style bags >.>

9. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

I nearly only ever buy crumplers they are superb, I've had three now for different sizes of laptops and all of them are still going strong.

Other options is a bit more expensive http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm I got one for our acer aspire and its very well made and tiny, which for the acer its perfect. They make them for all kinds of laptops and the extra piggyback holds all the cables etc.

10. Doc

Doc oops.

I've been using this Targus one for the last few years.. not particularly flashy, but it holds a shitton of stuff. Not quite waterproof, but nothing some weathering spray can't fix.

I was originally looking for a laptop bag that didn't scream 'HEY I'M CARRYING A LAPTOP'. Cover up the Targus logo with a patch and you're all set.

http://www.targus.com/ca/product_details.asp?sku=RG0322

11. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

I have to say I'm of the same thinking, I don't really want it to be obvious that I'm carrying a laptop.

I really need to find myself a decent bag shop around Reading so I can actually see and feel some of these bags. Standard manufacturers (targus) etc are easy to find, the more 'exotic' are proving difficult.

I'll be in Cambridge shortly so I can look in the apple store there and hopefully they'll have the techair bags (my assumption being that if they sell them in the online apple store they'll have some in shop), be nice to find somewhere with Crumpler bags.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The Bullring has some of the bags they sell online - I'd expect the others do too.

Doc's Targus looks sexy.. I think I might have to go for one of those, if this one ever wears out.

13. Gushy

Gushy Minimodder

That is one of the best Targus bags I've seen, and like he says room for everything!

14. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder