News Black Mesa Source trailer released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Dec 2008.

1. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

O
    M
    G (as everyone said...)
    2009 is long...when ?
    Glad they updated, I though the mod was dead.

2. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

@ Darkefire: They already had to change the name because Valve asked them to. The official name is actually just Black Mesa. Originally they were calling it Black Mesa: Source, but Valve asked them to change the name, but apart from that they were OK with the mod so it is pretty clear that they will at least not hinder it and I wouldn't be surprised if it is available through steam as it looks to be of very high quality.

I have also been watching this mod since the very early days and can't wait for it to be finished.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2008
  3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

in parallel to the "games you wish you had finished" thread, I declare that I will buy this game because I have never finished the original HL (shame on me)

4. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

WOOT, I would play half life one again especially if it has vamped up graphics, cant wait for this.

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Fracking awesome

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

did anyone else get shivers down the back of their spine when they heard those alarm klaxons when Gman was onscreen?

I'm definately going back to black mesa

7. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

Great news

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

You realise that it's a free mod, right?

9. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I'm sure it's decent right now, will be decent next week, and might still be decent in eighteen months' time. It's the long term that worries me.

10. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I've been tracking this one since I first heard about it in PC Gamer many years ago, at times I had my doubts that it would ever get anywhere but this looks "frickin' awesome man!".

I'd seen the designs and the screen shots before but actually seeing it in motion looks simply wonderful, god bless modders and you'll be getting my money on release date thats for sure. Gotta love the Silo tentacle beast!

I read about the HL source that Valve did themselves, didn't sound all that great besides once you put the HiDef pack from Blue Shift in the original HL looked pretty good considering its age. I still can't make up my mind about swapping the MP5/ GL combo for the M203 as your primary tool of death dealing.

11. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Oh by the way, here is a message for all those who think this looks awesome (don't we all?) but haven't played the original all the way to the end.
    Be aware that the original HL payed a visit to the alien homeworld of Zen and as much as I utterly love HL, this is more that just a bit rubbish. I mean, a walking testicle beast that you can't kill? Who knows maybe BMS will improve things a bit, but then they would be altering the game so they might not want to do that.

I'd hate to think someone might get put off the game when you reach Zen, just hang in there it does take you back eventually.

12. The Growler

The Growler What's a Dremel?

Wow! That looks fantastic. Can't wait.
    I thought I read somewhere that someone is doing something similar to Return to Castle Wolfenstein but can't find any updates. Anybody know anything about that?

Tags: Add Tags