Planning Sleeving

Discussion in 'Modding' started by alphadog0309, 10 Mar 2009.

1. alphadog0309

alphadog0309 What's a Dremel?

does anyone know of any sleeving that is partially see-through??? im doing a red and black themed case and want to sleeve the inside wire red then have a black cover over all of them... thanks in advance!:rock:

2. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Pretty much any sleeviing you get will show through a small amount of whatever it is covering, the real variables as to how much will show is more based on the thickness of the individual fibers and the way they are woven together.

The stuff that I use is off-cuts from sleeving done at work, but it's pretty dense stuff. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the company, but I'll post again when I get to work tomorrow.

Good luck with the project!

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I like sleeving from Tech-Flex

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yes, its made from silicone and is translucent, comes in a wide range of sizes and should be available from any decent electronics supplier.

5. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Looks like I'm a little late, but here it is:

www.techflex.com

Huge variety, great product. I would recommend it to anyone.

Also, make sure you pick up a hot knife (or at least a soldering iron) for cutting sleeving, otherwise it will begin to fray when you run your cables through it.

6. alphadog0309

thanks yeah i was looking at Techflex before but just wanted to know if it was any good... i think that the original might be more see thru??? check out THIS picture, top is regular, bottom is clean cut so cleancut on the inside wires, regular on outside wire??? sound good?

7. alphadog0309

sorry for the double post but how about inside wires heatshrink w/ techflex on top??? that way more solid colors??? or should i just go with individual wires sleeved and forget about covering???

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Besides the sleeving kits from MurderMod ( http://store.murdermod.com/murderware/sleeving-kits.htm ) Tech Flex is I think the best brand. The stuff I got is UV Yellow and the wires are visible. It's not totally solid color but you only see black through the sleeving and not the color of the wires.

9. renba

renba hooch is crazy

MDPC-Sleeve is so far the best sleeve on the market but it is expensive :eek:

I found a ranking. Someone compared some sleeves.

1. MDPC-X Sleeve
    1. Friese-IT Blackwire Sleeve
    1. Etroteg Sleeve
    1. Techflex Clean Cut
    2. Techflex Flexo Pet Sleeve
    (3. EMV Sleeve)
    4. Netproshop
    5. Ac Ryan Sleeve <---worst

Last edited: 16 Mar 2009