Other Anyone here use o2 broadband?

Discussion in 'General' started by C4FF, 12 Feb 2009.

1. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

I've never had problems with VMs service but their billing department has been doing my head in for months to the point that I've said stuff it & as of in about a week I'll no longer be with them for internet (I went O2 upto 18Mb which is actually proving to be ~11-12Mb for me or very similar to the VM 10Mb that I was on).

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

What are your line stats? Have you removed your bell wire?

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

after just under a week of having O2 broadband i've only got one complaint but i doubt it's O2's fault.

Have any of you had any issues with your internet not connecting? mine doesn't so i reboot into safe mode with networking then reboot back into windows and it works. when i set the connection up i had problems and phoned tech support, he went through some things and this was one of them that fixed it. Problem is it's a bit of a pain in the ass to boot up twice everytime i need to use the pc.

any ideas?

4. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Sounds like it could be the tcp/ip stack having a brain fart, without more info I would suggest forcing it to reset itself using the following commands;

start a command prompt by going to start>Run... and typing in 'cmd'
    once in a command prompt type the following;

Code:
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    this will rewrites pertinent registry keys that are used by the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack to achieve the same result as the removal and the reinstallation of the protocol.