1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant The " I hate waking up for work" thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 14 Apr 2009.

1. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

Sounds similar to me, I've been off work for a while due to health issues and so my sleep pattern is fubar.

I can work now so I'm looking for a job and trying to sort my sleep pattern out but very few things seem to work.

Sleeping tablets don't work, I've tried going to bed early and forcing my self to turn every thing off but I just end up laying there. I've set my alarm earlier and earlier each day to try and pull it back to a normalish routine.

I've even resorted to leaving the blinds and curtains open so the natural sunlight in the mornings wakes me up but nothing is working so far.

I am most definitely not a morning person!

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

get into a regular pattern of exercise. you'll sleep much better, and wake up feeling more refreshed.

3. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

"You speculate on the luxury of wearing out a whole existence in bed, like an oyster in its shell, content with the sluggish ecstasy of inaction, and drowsily conscious of nothing but delicious warmth, such as you now feel again." - Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Haunted Mind

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

My sleep pattern is shot to hell atm, what with a faulty alarm only deciding to go off in the wee hours of the morning :( . Hopefully get it fixed this Friday :)

5. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

I love my job and don't mind getting up at 5:20 during the week, what pisses me off is waking up at that time at the weekend!

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I'm glad I only have a 5 minute drive from work. My "traffic jams" are one traffic light that is kinda slow.

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I get that most mornings.
    Sometimes I just look at the clock and can't figure out what it means, have I slept in or not, it it the weekend or a work day?

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Ah, you heard that as well did you? I must say, the flash was pretty spectacular also, even with my curtains closed, my mum tells me there was a huge lightning storm at around 5 this morning, but i slept through that.

I enjoy the work i do, and the people i work with, but sometimes dread the 6am wake up just to catch a damn train, but soon as i'm up, i'm up, and that's it.

Sam

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

And where have you been hiding hitman?? Nice to see your still about :)

10. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

I hate getting up in the mornings!!

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I used to hate it. But now I can't stop getting up at seven and going to sleep at one. In the mornings, that is.

I find that alarms set across the room work. I set them annoyingly loud so I have to get up and turn them off. Well, that's how I started anyway. These days, I'm up before the alarms are.

Sad thing is, I hate mornings. Everything's slow or not functioning right, but I can't stop getting up during the morning. Ahwell. Could be worse I guess.

@Sui_winbolo: If it's really that hard to get up, try something so horribly loud and annoying you cannot possibly ignore it, like a fire alarm. Grab one that doesn't make the same noise as your main house alarm and you're set - Try a Swedish one, they're annoying and sound unlike most fire alarms I've heard. I'd also agree with the exercise thing. Tire yourself out = Bed soon kplz.

12. gar

gar Minimodder

A few things that have happened to me recently.

My dad, (how is a really heavy sleeper) came into my bedroom to find me holding an alarm clock which was rining infront of my face. Apparently it had been ringing for some time.

My brother normaly either comes into my room, or gives me a call to tell me my alarm is rining.

Darned thing is waking up the wrong people!

As for having a shower upon waking. That normally makes me feel so tired I need to get back inot the bed!

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I know that feeling all too well. Until I got into the habit of waking up, and more importantly getting up at ~7am, I had two alarms on the floor over the other side of the room, four alarms on the phone, and one at the back of my sock drawer. It was fun :B

14. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

I do the same thing, have alarms on multiple devices staggered and in different places in the room. Also set the TV to turn on at a high volume on a few occasions, once it would turn on I'd be forced to get up and switch it off in fear that I would annoy my house mates. Naturally I go straight for the remote but the batteries would be "missing" making sure that I'd walk all the way up to the TV which is close to the door to the bathroom.

15. Elspuddy

Elspuddy Minimodder

i hate wakeing up for work becaues 4 days out of 7 i'm comeing home from work with a face like this

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Going to my bed? Far too much effort, when I do get there, I really don't want to leave.

17. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

when i wake up, i mostly only realize that i'm awake on my bike goin to college. getting out of bed, putting clothes on, eating and leaving is all pretty much automatic pilot. it sucks on wednesdays each other week, because our lessons start two hours later then.

18. opal

opal Eh?

I loathe mornings, managed to get into a wierd routine though.

Wake up, stumble into the shower for 5 minutes, get out, partially dry then fall back asleep with a towel round me. Wake up an hour later, get changed and off to work. I have an alarm going off practically every 10 minutes whilst I'm sleeping for the second time.