Case Mod - In Progress [Project] :::Flow::: (SNiiPE's V2110) - 22, August - Video, finishing off :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SNiiPE_DoGG, 14 Apr 2009.

1. StevieC

StevieC Rising Fusion

SLICK!

have you pondered getting these for your graphics cards? Also, I found this which you might want to look at for connecting the two graphics card waterblocks together instead of with tubing. One bridge pipe for coolent flow in series, two for coolant flow in parallel. Your call though, but a parallel flow setup with two of those bridge pipes connecting the cards would help form a rigid brace that would compensate for the loss of bracing you'd face from using the single-slot bracket.

Cool! Are you going to try designing a single WB to cool both the NB and the VRM's (can't call them MOSFETs because they're not individual transisters on this mobo)?
    [​IMG]
    I remember this pic Andreoid posted of his waterblock with an "arm" that extends to cover the VRM's but had no water channel to cool said VRM's directly. Might be interesting to see if you can use that CNC router to make a similar 'block with a channel passing directly across the VRM's where the block seen above has lettering engraved. Again, only a suggestion.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2009
  2. Asulc

Asulc Minimodder

what cpu cooler is that?

3. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Awsome kit :D will be watching the development on this

4. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

thanks for the tips, I picked up two single slot radeon brackets from P-PCS this weekend, and as you can see in the update here I have already gotten those CF fittings :thumb:

I wont be watercooling the chipset or VRMs as it is completely unnecessary on this motherboard ;)

Xigmatek Thor's Hammer

Thanks mate :thumb:

Update more parts here, got the two endmills I need for the router the other day so cuts actually will happen soon unlike my "soon"'s in the past ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<3 performance-PCS :up:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Those GPU blocks look amazing joined by the chrome pipe, looks much better than hose IMO. I love nickel plating lol. I really do love those Enzotech RAM coolers, your awesome photography skills made them look even better lol. Lovin' your tech and your skills, keep it up.

6. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I didn't see any casemodding yet, but it doesn't matter because the pics are just plain awesome :D

7. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

wow.. those photos look fantastic!

nice gear mate.

8. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

Did I miss something or is there a reason you put TWO pipes between the GPU/VGA Coolers. It does not seem to very effective, compared to using just one? It looks rather spiffy though...:)

9. The boy 4rm oz

Hmm, now that I think about it, having 2 pipes would cause the water to circulate within the blocks, you would get hot pockets. Perhaps you could block the ends of one of them. That way you get max performance with max awesomeness lol.

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

This one is definitively subscribed. This is better than real pron O_O

11. The boy 4rm oz

HAHA. You my friend, just found your way into my sig lol.

12. SNiiPE_DoGG

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words :)

I can't explain the laws of fluid dynamics in this post because I do no have time so your just gonna have to trust me ;), but the way it works is that these GPU's will be set up in parallel with an inlet at the 45 on the top block and an outlet at the opposite port on the bottom block. The fluid will split in half through the blocks halving its velocity through each block and it will return to normal as it leaves the block :up:

it looks damn fine but you have to be careful considering the halving of the flow through each block

13. StevieC

StevieC Rising Fusion

Okay, you're now certified as officially AWESOME

The necessity of watercooling the NB and SB and VRMs is debatable, but then you're building what I wish I could build, only I'd use phase-change cooling on the CPU and liquid cooling on nigh everything else, and I'd probably favour compression fittings and a black with purple-and-teal highlights color scheme Maybe you can put a temp sensor on one of the two crossfire end plugs?

I'm examining as many of these kinds of builds as I can in an attempt to build a machine for my eventual debut intended to introduce modders' jaws to the floor. Can't do it yet though. Don't have the cash so I'm stuck MacGyvering an old dell dimension 2400 into an eMachines chasis

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Excellent work.

I've got a lot of time tuning that board under my belt, and we can compare notes if you want.

Also, good to see you got things sorted with MDPC-I read over some of that, and it was just sad.

Glad to see yours coming together.

Also, I'd kill for that camera setup.

15. SNiiPE_DoGG

Thanks Kayin :)

yes my falling out with nils was a sad period :( but now things are better than ever :thumb:

I love this GD-70 - I hit up 4ghz on my thor's hammer and that was all good, once I get it under water I assume the chip will continue to scale :) this OCZ animal cl7 1600 kit is top notch and the board really loves it.

Cheers,

-Ian

16. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

You sir just made my morning! looking awesome so far and that photo rigging is to die for... GIEF!

17. StevieC

StevieC Rising Fusion

Small request, SNiiPE?

I've been trying to join xtremesystems.org but don't get any confirmation e-mail.

A little help joining, please?

18. TiTON

TiTON IRONMODS

Hey Sniipe Dog.. I didn't know you were a case modder :)

Great job man.. Rock on!! See you over at Xs :)

- Ton

19. SNiiPE_DoGG

thanks Ton :) the log is over at XS too ya know :p rocking the GD70 :rock:

sorry to have neglected my logs outside of XS guys, here is an update:

New logo and will also hopefully be a feature of the case ;)
    [​IMG]

Cable management arrived - in 100% pure sterling silver fashion to boot :D
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

here is a quick (dusty) shot of the wire managment installed, I have more rings on their way to me now ;)

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

So I spent some quality time getting to know the v2110b today - unfortunately we had a disagreement and it lost (this is an example of why I really need to set up a bigger set for taking full case pics ;)):

[​IMG]

seriously though that Lian-Li quality is superb :D

20. The boy 4rm oz

The logo is very cool, I love that font, did you develop it yourself as a font or just drew it for this purpose?

The cable management rings are a great idea, they go very well with the blue wires.