Other FFXIV Online anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by acron^, 23 Aug 2009.

1. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

2. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I'll definately give it a go when it comes out. The graphics are definately shaping up nicely!

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I am very interested in it, despite how much I dislike console controllers. Looks to be a solid game!

4. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

It's on the PC too you know? They wouldn't abandon their main source of income when it comes to MMO's, there's a hell of a lot more PC players than 360 and PS2 players combined on FFXI.

I won't try it till a couple of months after release. Why? Newly released MMO = bugged as hell, especially if what I've heard about FFXI is true. Glad they aren't using Playonline for the game though, Playonline sucked, it's slow, bulky and looks like crap. The updating via playonline was like updating wow on a sub 2mb line :duh:

5. mansueto

Yes, but if you start at the beginning, you can take advantage of the economy before it begins to be dominated by people who constantly farm and have no lives. I remember when the diablo 2 ladder reset, myself and my friend worked as a team and he was actually the top druid for a few hours, and the lowest poor mans items were worth a ton!

6. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

bah it's not all about money, give me enough to keep up to date armour and money for travelling and I'm happy enough :)

7. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

wow, that looks really impressive! i played FFXI to death, so i'm not entirely sure if i want to get sucked into it all over again with a different game, but... it looks so tempting D:

when's it due out?

8. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

TBA 2010, I think I read somewhere july 2010 for the US. Needless to say at this rate FFXIII will be out after it at this rate lol

9. mansueto

WHAT ABOUT WORLD DOMINATION?!

10. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

They may just have world domination, on an interview with FFXIclopedia in 2007 they were asked if they'd release it for other OS's than windows and they said "Nothing is set in stone, but we are shooting for PS3, Xbox 360 and Windows. This is not to say that there will not be a Linux or Mac OS version. Creating versions for those platforms would be a little harder, but it's not out of the question."

Now that is very unusual, most companies give an outright "NO!!!!" but SE said it's not out of the question, so all you Linux fanboy's out there we might be playing FFXIV on our Linux partitions :D

EDIT: I think I read somewhere that in FFXI's early stages it was OpenGL but I could be talking out of my arse or just getting it confused with FFVII