1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Borderlands

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by The Stig, 17 Sep 2007.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

I am getting the idea you don't really like the game Joe :D

I think the fun of having the same gun with very slightly difference stats and attributes is that can always find something that works for you, I have spent ages weighing up the pros and cons of similar weapons, or lower power weapons with elemental damage. Usually trying to do controlled head shots and comparing the damage done.

Oh and level of the enemies seems to vary by area, while at lower levels I was under the impression that all enemies levelled up with me. But having gone back to Fyrestone while being level 27, I am finding the enemies are single digit levels, I think this is quite a good levelling up system as it gives you some "no go areas" that are fun to try and tackle with mates etc.

Yes having a bruiser look like a bruiser being level 10 or 22 is a bit shitty, but I just assume that the enemies are going to be my level and run with it. And as I am sure you have seen by now if your still playing there are "versions" of the enemy which are clearly stronger.

Overall I am really enjoying the game, but some bits have annoyed me more than you can imagine.

2. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Played yesterday with my son on PC. We made it lvl 11. Had a great time with it. Looking forward to continuing.

Their are a couple issues that need to be patched but there are tweeks you can use to fix them in the meantime. Go to the main borderlands website and the fixes are stickied in the forum.

3. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

Is anyone else disappointed in how useless the weapons on the vehicle are? Either you have the machine gun which rarely hits anyone, or you have the rocket launcher that takes 10 shots to kill a Bruiser. It would almost be easier to just walk everywhere if it wasn't so fun to run people over.

4. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I found my new favourite thing. Longbow sticky incendinary grenades. Because nothing says fun like fire you can teleport onto people.

mars-bar-man likes this.
  5. Enemyvirus

Enemyvirus CPC Refugee

Ive been playing over the week-end and having a blast. lvl 15 soldier. It is a bit samy but its the most fun I've had on the PC since I started playing LFD. I havnt yet tried multiplayer it looks more fun that I'm having at the moment.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Yeah they're not the best but I'm really enjoying the game so far.

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

co-op on PS3 is epic fun. totally worth 40 quid.

8. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I just started my second play through. It's only getting better.

I was really surprised by this release.

9. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

I've just got to the Sledge boss currenlty level 16 hunter , finding him tough and i can't use the launcher :( as it requires level 19 :( is level 16 too low to take on sledge ?

10. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

If your finding it tough go find some side missions, don't think I took out sledge until 18 or so.

11. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Ok, I'm actually stuck atm on a scavenger mission for the revolver, can't seem to find the barrel. Got everything else though but the barrel is nowhere to be seen where the markers point too.

12. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

If I remember correctly the revolver is in the area before the area with the first Vault Key piece correct? If so, then one of the pieces is down on the ground at the beginning of the left fork behind a piece of metal or something similar. Or I could just be going crazy.

13. Hg

Hg The game known as life

if theres a spare slot on a 4 pack i wouldnt mind jumping in
    PM me if you would like me to join a 4 pack

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

It's in the car wreck that's hanging off the edge of the cliff.

UncertainGod likes this.
  15. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Thank you so much, I hate these kinds of scavenger quests in games because if I don't find it on the first or second look around I get stuck in a search pattern and will never find it.

16. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

This game is awesome, at lvl 43 now and on the second playthrough with a friend on every mission making it more hectic, harder but so much more fun and rewarding!

17. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

love the game. lvl 29 hunter. just killed krom. heaps o fun in single player, but much more fun in co-op

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Krom is a n00b.
    First playthrough was almost criminally easy. but oh so much fun :D

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

lvl 38 hunter, ive enjoyed the game but sorta feel like i've had my time with progression in SP, i'll likely just use my character to play with friends now

20. tominated

tominated What's a Dremel?

indeed. after that I powerleveled from 29 to 40 with some lvl 50 guy online. he didn't even have to try, but i did absolutely no damage on anything. at least i got a few hundred thousand $ and an eridian sniper from it (that I can't use)

Tags: