1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware What is the Best Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 22 Dec 2009.

1. ambrose

ambrose What's a Dremel?

go for a razer lachesis ;) a bit pricey but definetly a lovely mouse. and it works for L and R

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

You Mean a Good News XD

TBSM - Hey G7s, you hear me ?

G7¹ ------------------------------
    G7²-------------------------------
    G7³-------------------------------
    G74-------------------------------

TBSM - Oh no you cant because you're all Dead and rot in my Closet

3. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I just got a g9x and it's really comfy and it has lots of adjustments and it works on carpet and on my bed without a mouse pad and it doesn't jump even when the beds not smooth. I think it's a great mouse even if it is expensive.

4. KayDat

KayDat What's a Dremel?

+1

Them G7's sure were flaky. But hey, I called Logitech a week before my warranty was over, and they sent me a spanking new G9x, no questions asked. I even got to keep my flaky G7. G9x is still sealed, contemplating selling it to buy an X8...which Bit-Tech unfortunately didn't include in the review.

5. Loxodon

Loxodon What's a Dremel?

I have a Roccat Kone And personally i love it from day 1
    FPS or WoW extra adjustable light for showing off :)
    And a descent price considering what you get

6. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Well, hopefully you got the Ver. 2. The first revision had a very flaky scroll wheel that broke after about a week.

7. DonPedo

DonPedo What's a Dremel?

I hate to be picky but there are some lack of details that I don't like, despite that is a good roundup, but please try to improve the reviews of gaming mice...

"the debate over wired versus wireless still goes on"
    - Of course it goes on, the reason is that with a wireless technology it is not possible to get the the same response time as a wired mouse

"Mice such as the Logitech MX 518 and G3 can improve your gaming prowess with features such as on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment making switching between blazing away with an assault rifle and picking people off with a sniper rifle a much easier transition."
    - This is nothing new, almost every gaming mice worth the name has this function, I think Boomslang was the first gaming mice with this function in -98/-99.

"The first is that the Saiph 3200 feels incredibly heavy, even with the optional weights removed. With the weights in place, it’s like moving a brick across the desk."
    - Let me inform you that I compared the netto weight of the G9, 5K and Saiph, there is a 10 gram difference and the G9 is heavier than Saiph!

G9 netto w/o cable: 118gr
    Saiph netto w/o cable: 108gr
    Qpad 5K netto w/o: 110 gr

source: googled some other reviews and checked the weight of the G9 myself

"The second issue we had with the Saiph 3200 is the fact that despite it being one of the largest mice on test, its shape leaves your last two fingers dragging on the desk"
    - All mice with this kind of grip leaves your fingers dragging on the desk, even the g9x (but not as much as saiph 3200, Roccat Kone or mx518
    Mice like Ikari, 5K, Naos supports all five fingers, can't compare this modded five-finger palm grip form with with a classical palm grip.

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

That's some hardcore style right there. I never understood how anyone could aim with those things. Felt unnatural.

9. Hypno

Hypno What's a Dremel?

Still loving my Logitech MX518 had it since it came out and it still going strong. The only thing which is physical gone is the logitech raised logo on the top.

10. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Let me inform you that there is something called poor design. That, and rubbish googling techniques.

Straight from the horse's mouth, AKA Mionix website,

11. kornedbeefy

kornedbeefy What's a Dremel?

Love these articles. Unfortunately I know its difficult to get every mouse in a round up but I do wonder about other mice not in the list...Razer, Imperator, Lachesis, the new Coolermaster, etc,

12. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Not everyone will be as well informed as you and we have to cater for all of our audience. Better to mention things like this than to leave them out leaving people not in the know, completely in the dark.

Same as above. Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else does.

We said 'feels' increadibly heavy, we didn't mention exact weights. The shape of the Saiph and how easily it moves are more of a factor here and add significantly to how heavy it feels.

The problem with the Saiph is that the top is narrow and the right hand side of it slopes towards to the desk meaning this issue is far more pronounced. We simply didn't notice this with any other mice.

13. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

@Combatus

The mouse is 185 grams without weights, so his figures are flawed. Severely, and amusingly. I mean, how do you screw up googling for figures so badly? ;D

14. DonPedo

DonPedo What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info Combatus, I maybe missunderstanded you then about some of the facts. When something "feels" heavy for me it is heavy, but nevermind =)

Either Im wrong about the weight or it might be the weight with the cable included, the G9 weight is correct as I checked that with my own at home.

15. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

oh that actually makes sense for photo editing. I used to be heavy into photoshop and having an accurate mouse (or drawing tablet) makes all the difference. I'll give that a try. For CS, every pro played relatively low sensitivity and just used larger arm strokes. you would never set your dpi high, and you never rotate more than 180 at a time

16. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Damn it. I would like a decent gaming mouse, but I have some pretty precise requirements;

I hold my mouse in the style affectionately known as "The Claw", so shape and size are not really factors for me, since each finger tip is all that is touching the mouse usually. However, because of this, it makes it hard to use two seperate thumb buttons, as the thumb is what is usually anchoring the mouse.

Basically, I am looking for a light, on-the-fly adjustable DPI, high polling rate, well priced mouse that only has one thumb button, and that thumb button has got to only really click when I want it to. Size and shape are no big deal, nor is weight tuning. I just want those features, and finding the right mouse is a NIGHTMARE.

I have been looking at the G5 and MX range, but they both have two thumb buttons as far as I can tell, and the Deathadder's DPI adjustment is on the bottom, so that's a no.

Sigh.

17. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

I must be weird, but i don't think i could ever go back to a corded mouse ever.

negligible latency of wireless >> wire getting caught in things. IMHO :)

I'd like an odd mutant hybrid of my logitech mx 620 laser mouse (very comfy, buttons in the right place but very heavy, and heavy = added friction on mousing surface...) and a MS wireless mouse (slightly less comfy, but with the option to run with only 1 AA battery instead of the 2 it could hold to make an extremely lightweight mouse)

Last edited: 24 Dec 2009
  18. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

The thumb buttons could be used for DPI switching - I've been using them for that for ages.

19. MorpheusUK

MorpheusUK a Noob that knows something

Does anyone know how these stack up when used in conjunction with gaming surfaces, like the Ice Mat 2nd edition? There were apparent incompatibility issues with some mice and the Ice mat gaming surfaces (I had a Saitek 3200dpi mouse that refused to work, swapped it out for my G5 and sweet, no issues, I heard of peeps having issues with their G5's and the IM 2nd edition as well)

20. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

They don't ask for questions because they know this is a Crappy Product, and if you dont want to lose client with this, you have to Respect FULLY your warranties

Tags: Add Tags