1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bit tech blackberry app?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by xDeaDReckoninGx, 6 Jan 2010.

1. xDeaDReckoninGx

xDeaDReckoninGx ****ing delete my account,

hi all

with this being a PC website i am sure there is someone out there who could make a bit tech app for blackberry which would allow you to view a scaled down version of the forums so that you can catch up when away from the PC.

The site take to long to load when accessing it from my blackberry 8700 javelin and the text etc. is to small

2. RTT

RTT #parp

jesus christ

Zoon likes this.
  3. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

No issues on the iphone and its reasonably quick.. cheaper to replace phone with an iphone rather than commision someone to build a stripped site and maintain it :p

Andy

4. xDeaDReckoninGx

Probably better to change my phone just did not know if anyone made any phone software on hear and I was not looking for stupid comments from modrrators

5. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Funny that I should say the following, given my snarky comments in the other iPhone thread, but...

I was in the store the other day, looking at some different components to upgrade my wife's computer. I had a good idea of what I wanted, but I saw some other components that piqued my interest. I tried to load up Bit-Tech on my iPhone to see if there were any relevant hardware reviews, but it took so long to load that I eventually gave up, went home, and did some research on my home PC.

Maybe it was just a slow network connection. I honestly don't know.

Worked out for the better, though, as I ended up buying everything on-line anyway (rebates, yay!).

6. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

1. Connect to your home wifi
    2. Install Opera Mini 5, and in the settings tell it to use wifi
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Or alternatively, don't read non-mobile optimised forums on a mobile device.

I have a Curve 8900 and its not particularly readable even with doing the above, although it does load faster.

7. xDeaDReckoninGx

thanks i might try it

8. xDeaDReckoninGx

installed the opera browser on my blackberry - job sorted works like a charm now:)

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Mhmm, works fine on my 9700...

10. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

How's the 9700 working out for you Mankz? Thinking that'll be the one I get next year.

11. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

It great.. I find the trackpad a great improvement over the 'pearl', and the keypad is now contoured to fit your fingers properly...

Oh, and 3G is lovely and fast!