Case Mod - In Progress Lian Li a05 project of fail.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jeddy, 21 Jul 2009.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

No mobo tray holes?

2. Jeddy

Jeddy What's a Dremel?

No, the mobo tray has literally 8mm of space. No cables can be routed there unfortunately.

Updates when I order new stuff and it arrives.

3. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Actually you can, I cut out access holes and routed cables behind the mobo tray on my A05b so it is possible and yes its a very tight fit and you cant have any cables overlap each other or else it will bow out the side panel. Try to avoid to many connectors back there too, if possible wire the connection instead of using the connectors.

4. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Been following your mod for a while. Looks good!. I just started my own AO5B mod you should check it out.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=172971

I almost put a radiator in that same position too but since I'm using OCZ Flex ram I won't have the space. (my 240 is the Black Ice GTX which is Ginormous lol)

Loving the black on black too. Seems like everyone's catching on to the fact that murdered out is just straight sexy.

5. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

hi there mate its not the dye that gunk up you system but the inhibitor. The dyes staining becuase you put a hell of a lot in but the dyes and have been refind down.

The red u used there was realy pink you put way to much in. how ever the new candy red is better and if you what blood red you mix UV pink , candy red and , purple. (all the dyes i sell can be mixed)

allso you may like this ->

mayhems dyes and EC6 from thermochill

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just some other pics of the dyes now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pic of some ones system running one of the dyes

[​IMG]

this is a admin pc from XS thats testing some dyes (this is 80% uv pink, 80% candy red and 10% purple)

[​IMG]

The dyes now have been running in testers system inc my own now for over 1 year and no gunk what so ever. How ever though in to the mix a rubbish inhibitor and thats where the problems start.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2010
  6. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I havent had chance to read through all you have done.. namely did you change the fan direction ? rule of thumb good to ugly ... it just appeared as if your fans are drawing air up into your case from the bottom. I might be very wrong if so I apologise for not reading your log thoroughly.

I cant bring myself to cut a window in the side of my Lian Li ... it was bad enough doing the rad for the top ..

7. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

Looking good so far mate, those watercooling pics are making me drool!