Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

All you need now is a golden retriever and you have completed "life v1.0".

:p

2. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Just ordered an iphone 3G for £35 a month, with a free phone, 1GB Internet, Unlimited Texts and 600 mins.

3. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

4 Rolls of wallpaper for the lounge, £120 I never realised wallpaper was so expensive!!

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's some seriously expensive wallpaper.

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Yeah... *sob* ...still, I held on to my beamer (though it sits without license plates for the time being)...

6. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

A pharmanex biophotonic scanner.
    a lobotomy
    and some horns to bury with my berobed corpse.
    So i can cult while i cult with my new Scientology books.

Silver51 likes this.
  7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

hehe!

I didn't know you drove a beamer.

Remember not to tell the guys in the "what car do you drive"-thread that. They are slightly hostile... ;)

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

9. chrisds

chrisds What's a Dremel?

PS3 for me :D

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

It is, but unfortunately I had to concede to have it de-plated for the time being. It's the sensible thing to do obviously, as with twins we really need a wagon, and the Mazda surely is a sensible choice as far as wagons go. But I do love that beamer. Spent a great deal of time, and a good bit of cash to getting it done up.

I had the engine rebuilt (having previously worked at a car dealership I befriended a few mechanics who more than willingly helped me out) and tuned up, a proper exhaust installed and a few more bits and bobs. I also had the original leather upholstery and seats redone by the help of my grandfather who just happens to be a very highly skilled leatherworker.

So yeah, I do love that car. :)

Beamers are fun, though not the most reliable of beasts. ;)
    I've had the radiator give out on me, as well as the water pump, a few of the injectors, the fuel pump and the master cylinder for the clutch - yes, my 735 is of the semi-rare manual transmission models. :D

I think I ****ed it up by forgetting to include the slash.

12. Jelle46

Jelle46 Belgium

actually, I did, and I prefered these, thank you very much.
    We have had a few bose products over the years that I liked , sorry that I can't affort Bang & olufsen!

13. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

wings of prey, £15 on steam (its £30 now)

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Not a purchase but I finally gave in and signed up to Facebook. Since then my phone hasn't stopped vibrating from all the friend adds. :eyebrow:

:sigh:

15. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

A chiro visit for the missus.

16. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Can't wait for my wedding to be over so I can spend my money on computer stuff again. Just dropped £1,500 on wedding rings yesterday. Tip of the iceberg for the next couple of months.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Redoing the seats sound like a hell of a job. I wish I had the beige/black interior in mine. It's a great combination of colors. Now I have all black, but I did paint the wooden trim in the same color as the outside of the car.

The cool thing about beamers is that it's easy to retrofit OEM equipment. I have a project going on where I want to retrofit the multifunction steering wheel and cruise control. (Turns out that I bought a series of cars that they only made for a year when CC and steering wheel were redesigned...) It's still a fun challenge. :)

I don't think they are any worse than other cars. I had to replace my alternator in January, but I expect something to give after a quarter of a million KM.

If you don't know about it, you should check out Koed.no. They have everything for BMW and they are WAY cheaper than normal BMW dealers. The alternator cost me 2300kr. The cheaper of the two local dealers wanted 5700kr...

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

It was, but he's retired so he cherished the chance of getting his hands busy again, though I don't think I've ever seen the man without something to do. The interior is done in black leather with thick red stitching, and all the original wood trimmings. The wood simply needed a polish to be as good as new again.

Beige and black works great together. You got fabric or leather seats?

Mine is an older model - an E32, so it didn't have a multifunction steering wheel. However, I found a wooden wheel in the same finish as the wood trimmings, which I had installed and it just dotted the "i" so to speak. A few months back I procured a turbo kit for it which I hope to get installed this summer. We'll see. :D

You're probably right. I was just expressing frustration in that all items I listed that gave out on me gave out pretty much at the same time. ;) They do run good though, and when started they won't stop in my experience. Mine had run 220K when I purchased it, then the engine was rebuilt and after that it has run roughly 60k - and it runs great I might add. Surprisingly, considering it's age, there were no exterior damage. All it needed was some buff and polish.

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out. :D

19. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

It so does. My dad had his M5 seats retrimmed in beige and black leather. with an all black car it brings the exterior and interior together quite well. You really should post some pics of this lovely sounding BMW up, or am I dumb and missed them?

20. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Black with red stitches? Sounds nice. I had to restitch the steering wheel and was considering the M-colored stitching, but figured all black was easier. It was a LOT of work, though...

I got all black leather.

Oh! You have to let me know how that works out. :)

Yeah. It sucks when "everything" seems to fail.