1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Faulty monitor?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Mickenoss, 26 Apr 2010.

1. Mickenoss

Mickenoss What's a Dremel?

Heya folks, bit of an odd one here. Bit long winded too so opologies in advance, just being detailed :D

I bought the highly recommended BenQ G2220HD monitor and it worked fine for 6 weeks with no changes to any software or hardware.

Then one day I switch it on and I have no image at all. So I connected my old monitor and still no picture. So I went through the process of RMAing my graphics card which came back fixed as I could now get an image (with the d-sub input). The resolution scale is a little messed up though.

Switching back to my old monitor everything seems to work fine.

Problem is that when I connect the BenQ there is no picture at all (it wouldn't even let my pc post), I switched from DVI to D-Sub and I had a result, but the desktop basically has a few inches from the right hand side of the screen chopped off (no time or icon button, wallpaper had part missing).

I tried the BenQ on an older pc and the same effect is present.

Both pc's work fine on the old 1280x1024 monitor, but when you install the benq with the DVI cable both pc's rufuse to even start.

If you switch cables from DVI to D-Sub it displays an image, but in the full 1900x1024 resolution it cuts some of the right hand side from the desktop (pic below).

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m196/mickster00_2006/mainpcin1900x1024.jpg

Drop the resolution down to 1680/1600x1024 and it displays the full desktop but the image is very blurry.

I have tried it on both of my pc's with old and new drivers, even a different graphics card with the same effect.

I have removed all graphics drivers and reinstalled so there would be no conflicts. And am now lost for what to do. I tried RMAing the monitor but customer support seem to have stopped responding to e-mails which isn't very nice either :sigh:

Any suggestions??

2. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

With D-Sub/VGA you may need to manually adjust the picture on the monitor to correct it.

3. Mickenoss

I'll give it a try in the morning see what happens, thanks :D

4. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

The DVI port on my BenQ G2400W is borked as well - giving the same symptoms.
    I think it's related to the EDID being messed up, but I'm going to RMA the monitor at some point - VGA is a bit ropey for 1920x1200, though I've not had the issue with cut-off picture that you have.

5. Mickenoss

I just re-tried it with the dvi (it may fix itself by magic, hey) but still my pc doesn't boot.
    It works fine with the d-sub and managed to get full screen too which is a bonus, the auto adjust was giving it loads though, and the picture quality is noticably less defined.

I wouldn't say the problem is fixed but at least the monitor is usable now. I might buy another cable too just to make sure the cheapo one I bought with it isn't duff :thumb:

Good luck rmaing it badders, they seem to not like the rma process for some reason :D