Other How big is the Custom computer industry?

Discussion in 'General' started by joseph2000, 22 Apr 2010.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I know one person that told his mate's he could get computer's fixed cheap charging them and trying to get me to fix them as a favor cheeky b*****d , Once I found out I told him not ask again even for himself.
    And I built a computer for one of my wife's friends and they bought her a present and I didn't get so much as a thankyou LOL

2. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I know how you feel, i get all sorts to fix for 'friends' i dont mind doing it, but if i dont get at least a thankyou, i dont do it again. Its got to a stage now where i turn more away than i fix now

I wouldnt call my mates who are electricians/plumbers etc to give me a hand with something, and NOT thank them (be it some money a couple of drinks whatever), So why does it seem ok to get the 'geek' to fix their comps for sod all :sigh:

3. joseph2000

joseph2000 What's a Dremel?

ouch... what kinda scheming ***** was that?

4. InSanCen

InSanCen Buckling Spring Fetishist

I have built all of mine that are x86/x64 based, don't ask how many, but it's a hell of a lot (20+ years).

On this site (And just about any other Tech orientated site), you will get that answer a lot. Joe Public however outnumbers us greatly, so most people will just buy off the shelf.