News Rumour: Nvidia Fermi for laptops available July

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 5 May 2010.

1. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

So when are we going to get the desktop version NV?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If you plugged it in you could watch the train come to a stop as he was playing Crysis. :D

3. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Frets on Fire - now really on fire.

4. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

While I'm definitely in the red camp for the foreseeable future this could be a very good test of the Optimus technology to see exactly how well it can scale with this sort of difference in power requirements between the integrated and dedicated graphics.

However, I'd hope that any purchasers recieve a complimentary pair of lead lined nomex boxers to avoid any unfortunate side effects.

5. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Lead lined? Heck, they need to bundle a fire extinguisher with every laptop!

6. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

It's kind of funny how pretty much all the main manufacturers of laptops haven't taken up the fantastic mobile gpu's offered by ATi. I wonder why that is? Maybe because they have been building the products for many years and understand components inside out enough to know whats best for their finished product combination.

Yeah you keep batting for the red team girls, the world will move on without you!

7. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Or maybe because one party has to sell at cheaper rates to even have a decent turnover, and the other is surviving so well on PC cards that HP, Lenovo, Acer, etc are using ATi HD5XXX cards, while using pre-previous generation nVidia cards. Seriously - how many 8800GT's are they gonna respin? Let sleeping dogs lie!

8. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Err, what is so bad about searching for "Optimus Fermi"?

The top two things are you guys, and a bit further down is someone with exactly the same wording!

9. Gonzalo-Gonads

Gonzalo-Gonads What's a Dremel?

.....the bribes?

10. Arj12

Arj12 What's a Dremel?

I reckon these graphics cars would be a viable and cheap heating option for those in either poles or in places like Iceland!
    Mind you your electricity bill isn't going to look any good though!

11. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Should be cheaper than central heating, yet probably as effective.

12. TheUn4seen

TheUn4seen What's a Dremel?

Actually, you're wrong. Most of currently available nVidia laptops are old generation ones, close to EOL - they were designed before ATI mobile 4-series were available. New constructions use mostly ATI GPUs, simply because they are superior in every way (higher perfrmance, lower power draw and no overheating problems - we all remember HP and Dell's problems with overheating and failing nV GPUs).

13. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

hahah I love seeing fanboys like crazyceo try and defend inferior products like this, makes my day.

+1 for this being another 8800M rebadge. GF100M, GF200M, GF300M and now GF400M too?. Funny part is they'd prob sell just as much and they wouldn't have to worry about the crazy power requirements.

14. crazyceo

Did you actually read the topic above?

"We inquired why more manufacturers haven't changed to ATI, given that it's been first with mobile DirectX 11 GPUs, but were told that the strength of Nvidia's Optimus technology and pricing made its chips more attractive."

This was stated above. It didn't say "Old rebadged GPU's" or everyone was using ATi alternatives. It stated:-

"We inquired why more manufacturers haven't changed to ATI, given that it's been first with mobile DirectX 11 GPUs, but were told that the strength of Nvidia's Optimus technology and pricing made its chips more attractive."

This was your Bit-Tech asking the questions and this was the reply they had:-

"but were told that the strength of Nvidia's Optimus technology and pricing made its chips more attractive."

That isn't me talking bollocks or claiming unprovable facts that come from other fans of other brands on a constant stream. This is your Bit-Tech asking and this was the answer they got:-

"but were told that the strength of Nvidia's Optimus technology and pricing made its chips more attractive."

(A few repeats there but you all seem to be repeating the same ATi fangirl bollocks, I just back it up with fact!!!! How d'you like these apples!!!!!!!)

15. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

That Optimus tech is probably a load of balls.

16. rickysio

rickysio N900 | HJE900

Optimus rocks. It has been reviewed, and is already in units that are being sold.

Do your research before concluding about balls, my testicularly-gifted friend.

17. TheUn4seen

TheUn4seen What's a Dremel?

crazyceo, you really fail at trolling. Here is a fact for you:
    http://hothardware.com/News/AMD-claims-to-lead-discrete-mobile-GPU-market/

For the lazy:

18. crazyceo

WTF? read the topic above d*%khead! and your so called facts are from the AMD PR department. Bit-Tech went to the actual laptop manufacturers to get the INDEPENDENT response.

19. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

20. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Are these Fermi Laptops gonna come with a special heat sheild to protect a man's you know what from being burned like a hotdog that has fallen into the charcoals?

Fermi laptops will have the same battery packs as the Terminator.

Tags: Add Tags