Windows Star Trek Online Question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neox010, 11 May 2010.

1. Neox010

Neox010 EvE Addict

I recently tried out STO, after playing EVE for about a year, and needing something new to relax with.

I was lucky and got a 5day passcode, and have decided to subscribe before it runs out, my question is however, do I need to buy the retail box from my local store, or can I subscribe on their site and run with that?

Also if I do buy the retail box from the store, can I simply carry on my existing account with the retail key? as I've got a decent rank, and quite a few unusual modules on their which took some work obtaining.

2. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

IIR, if you already have it installed, go to the STO website, log in and enter the retail key fron the box or Steam (or special bonus unlock keys*) on the Activate Key page:
    http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

Otherwise, there's a list of retailers on the STO site that include Cryptic and Steam:
    http://www.startrekonline.com/retail

*To unlock the Wrath of Kahn uniforms, sign in and enter:
    JIH MUSHA SOH

pimonserry and Neox010 like this.
  3. Neox010

Neox010 EvE Addict

Thanks, so it does look like I will have to buy the box set from town tomorrow.

Repped for the Kahn uniforms!

4. juststsomeguy26

juststsomeguy26 What's a Dremel?

Have to warn you. STO lacks depth. I'm surprised anyone who plays eve has actualy been amused long enough to get past the 5 day trial.

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I played EVE and to be honest, I'm getting more enjoyment from STO.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I've played EVE for 4 years.. I've been playing STO since the beta and still thoroughly enjoying it.

Add me to buddy list if you want btw: Drulik@DarkLord7854

Let's kick some borg ass :D

7. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

In game invite sent, although I'm thinking the time difference might be an issue here. Anyhoo, STOked video podcast for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/?p=2013

I had been cruising around at RA3 grabbing resources for crafting, but if they're going to change it again I might just bank it until the dust settles. Currently sample prices on the exchange are insane. Actually, a lot of stuff on the exchange is ridiculously priced.