Photos Post your headphones setup!

Discussion in 'General' started by TempGong, 30 Dec 2009.

1. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Sony MDR-7506es.

The wires are a bit pulled apart(unstretched). but it sounds heavenly, is pretty durable and it's comfy.

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Speedlink Medusa with broken microphone. Buying some new ones in the new year, probably Koss. I see no point paying £200+ for a pair of headphones.

3. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude soundcard.

Sennheiser HD555's for music and gaming without chat.

Sennheiser PC131's for gaming with chat

4. Zener Diode

Zener Diode User Title

Is this card overkill. http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Asus-Xonar-Essence-STX-PCI-E-Audiophile-Sound-Card-Optical-Dolby-Pro-Logic-II I like the look of it, built in headphone amp and all. There is an amplified and non amplified 6.3mm output right? I would love to test one, see what difference it makes over the onboard sound on my P6T SE. At what point does the quality of the actual CD recording become the bottleneck? I rip all my tracks with FLAC encoder at max quality. Sorry for all the questions, I know I'm off topic.

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Quality of mastering is usually the bottleneck, then headphones then amping.

6. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

Grado SR80

Had them for years, use them for everything from listen to the tv at night, music from the phone or a/v setup etc.

I hadn't used them for ages as the foam pads had disintegrated after 4-5 years but just before christmas I got some new pads for them and I instantly fell in love with them again and remembered why I bought them in the first place. Awesome sound no matter what i'm using them for.

My plan is to buy a decent headphone amp to run them off when I can afford it but that will have to wait for now.

7. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Don't know if I'm lowering the bar here, but currently I'm using a set of the original Icemat (now SteelSeries) Siberia. Great sound in general (at least I think so), but that volume control on the extension cable is going south fast and SteelSeries won't let me buy a new one.

Oh, and Happy New Year! :)

8. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Dynatron SP3. Picked them up in a charity shop for a couple quid a few years ago and they are the best sounding head phones I have ever heard! Their quality is fantastic right through the range.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm probable going to replace the cable soon with a funky white braid because I think it'd look jazz tastic!

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I need to tidy up my desk before I can show you guys but I bet I'll be unique (sort of)

:)

10. ntbdaemcee

ntbdaemcee What's a Dremel?

Dynatron SP3

I got the Dynatron SP3s as well. they are great. I bought them at a boot sale in the UK for only £3. Do you know any of the specs for them "Cptn-Inafinus"?

11. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I've got a pair of Audio Technica A700's and a Aune DAC Headphone amp. PURE AMAZING SOUND!

12. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Turtle Beach HPA2 (Given as a gift) for the PC with some older KOSS headphones for the Zune HD.

13. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Sony MDR-V6 -> iPod Touch

14. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

Currently a pair of HD555s as well. As was asked earlier, they seem to be very robust indeed; I've had mine in constant use including a lot of in and out of rucksacks etc. for about 4-5 years now and they haven't shown any sign of the battering.

Mine switch between my NAD C320BEE and m'iPhone. Finally got a decent interconnect for them (they only came as a large headphone jack), which has made quite a difference.

15. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Sennheiser HD25-SP for whenever I have to use headphones. (these sound like you were on a loud gig with your ears full of mud)
    Roccat Vire for when I have to use earphones. (these actually sound surprisingly good, though lack bass)
    Koss Spark Plug for when I want to have atleast something to listen in noisy/windy environment. (I don't even want to describe these as it makes baby pandas cry)

16. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

I use some $20 Skullcandy in-ear headphones... they are pretty decent I guess(for $20), but I really want something better. Do you guys have any suggestions for some good ones in the $30-$50 price range?

17. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I'm using a set of Sony MDR-XD200 bought on a whim while in the local Tesco, sound quality is brilliant and they are really comfy.

18. Valo

Valo Minimodder

Alessandro MS-2i
    Grado SR-80
    ultimate ears super.fi 5 pro

and various amps

need to score some DT770 or ultrasones tho

19. Neox010

Neox010 EvE Addict

Panasonic DJ headphones, Mated to my Marantz Pm4000 amp which runs out of my X-Fi.

Soon to be using them with some Aego-M's :D

20. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

Audiotechnica ATH-ESW10 (music)
    Ultrasone HFI-780 (films/games)
    Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 pro (need to be repaired. :()

A variety of amps/soundcards...

Next on the shopping list is some good open cans....