Too hot to fold.....

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by littlepuppi, 7 Jun 2010.

1. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Been turning off my folding rig recently. Same problem just too hot to sit in computer room to game whilst folding rig is running.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

107! wow, and I was worried when mine hit 80 the other day!

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I'm sitting at home today waiting for a courier to deliver a load of parts to rebuild my burnt out my main gaming/folding rig, which means it's comparatively cool as only my wife's PC is running at the moment.

Still, just like Paddy4929 said, I reckon once I've got the main gaming/folding rig up and running again I still won't be folding on it for a while as the room simply gets too hot for comfort.

4. littlepuppi

littlepuppi Currently playing MWO and loving it

Ordered the waterblock for ASUS supercomputer yesterday.... SO when the rig comes back on its gonna be clocked even higher!! And hopefully with a 980 in it as well.....

Anyone folding on fermi yet?

5. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

The thing has always been a hot little chimp from the day i got it, :wallbash: even at idle it is as hot as GPU1 is when its folding, mind it has survived two chimp challenges :D

6. Norfolk'N'Good

Norfolk'N'Good Folding Chimp

With the temps here a little lower than they have been for a few days, a good old spring clean in the case, the GPU's blown down and reseated and the case fans moved up a notch mr 107 degrees has finally settled down to an all time record low of 80 on a 353 pointer. But still 10 up on GPU1 on the same pointer.:eyebrow:
    Boy i must have had some thick old dust floating around in the house! :eeek:

7. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

I know this is off topic... but why do people fold... if it only seems to cost more on power and brake hardware ; O

8. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Everybody has a different combination of reasons, but here are the main ones:

1. You're a humanitarian and like contributing to a good cause (medical research).

2. Somebody in your family of a friend is suffering from/died of the conditions folding is helping to research, and hopefully one day cure.

3. A lot of people leave their PCs on all day already, so why not put it to good use?

4. The points system feeds our innate competitiveness.

9. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

thanks lizard... i wasn't actually sure why people would do this... but now i have a general understanding :3