TV Shows Top Gear is back June 27th

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 9 Jun 2010.

1. trekkypj

trekkypj Forward Momentum!!!

Season's trending towards better, but there's still a little something missing... we need a genuinely fantastic recurring theme in the show. Stig hating Rubens Barichello is a step in the right direction but there's more angst needed. They're too comfortable and safe doing what they always do.

Push the boat out... that's what's needed. There's loads more ideas out there, it's not like the well has run dry.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I think it was a really good episode. As someone said a few posts ago, the part when they pushed the citroen off the cliff was predictable but JC has so much charisma, he still made it funny

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I thought this weeks was pretty bad tbh.

And although it used to be one of my favourite parts, I now dread star in a reasonably priced car..
    I just switch over to Dave now..

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/07/22/cruise-and-diaz/

Oh dear.

Ayrton Senna & Veyron SuperSports = Good
    Overpaid Midget Scientologist schilling his latest flick = Bad. Very Bad.

Mind you, the size differential between Jezza and Maverick should be a larf.

(What's the betting that's what's stenciled on his helmet in SIAPC? :rolleyes:)

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Top Gear need to drop their "star" in a shite car bit. No one cares, it's never that great to watch and if I wanted to hear about "celebs" I'd buy Heat magazine then promptly wipe my arse with it. Top gear = cars FFS.

UNLESS

They start getting more GENUINE DRIVERS to whip it around the track: BTCC, F1, F3, etc

I bet you the 'Tom and Cam' bit will be nothing short of cringeworthy to watch. Someone will have to tell me if it is, because im skipping it on iplayer.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Last night I saw a dream where there was a three-store sauna, which, from the outside, looked like Jeremy's camper van. After that I also saw some hideous sea monsters popping from the nearby lake. Wasn't really the most relaxing night I've had.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I like the SIARPC bit when you have celebs who want to be there. When you have folk coming on plugging their latest book/film/whatever without even knowing what the program is it just ends up being utter shite.

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I hate Tom Cruise. I hate big American A+ celebrities on Top Gear (Hugh Grant was cringeworthy) - they have no idea what the show is about.. and don't want to be there.

Its much better when you have people like Chris Evans & Will Young etc who WANT to be there, who are interested in cars and aren't complete w***ers.

Less Hollywood please!

I've watched most of them, but I'm definitely going to have to skip this week's SIARPC.

9. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Woah woah woah - let's not get carried away. Chris Moyles is a complete w*****.

TBH I've always >>'d through SIARPC. Too long, and takes time away that could be used for slow-motion video of smoking tyres.

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Chris Evans...I remember that one, that one was genius.

11. mjg132

mjg132 What's a Dremel?

SIARPC is hit and miss,Alistair Campell? FFS!!!!
    Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz..hit. !!:)

12. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

Last weeks was excellent, I watched some of it at work and couldn't stop giggling like a child at the motor homes.

I'm sceptical Cruise and Diaz being on it, part of me thinks they wont get it but meh, we'll see. I agree they could do with dropping the SIARPC section, it rarely adds anything memorable to the show. I can only assume they are under pressure to keep it in for some reason. Thy probably get a boatload of cash from Kia for using their cars or something.

How many episodes are there in this series? 6?

13. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Considering how much they have ripped into both Diaz and Cruise in the past (Diaz's comments on her Prius for example, and Cruise for just being a bloody idiot) I wonder how they will be treated on the show, and if Jeremy will be forced to apologise for his comments on the Prius. I feel he shouldn't as he's right and Diaz isn't.

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Agreed, although Hugh Grant did seem to enjoy himself while he was there. He certainly wasn't as ignorant as Mark Wahlberg. That was totally unacceptable.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I think tonight could be good, but at the same time could be so horrendously awkward that the world will implode. I think if JC gets super sarcastic and basically takes the piss without them noticing, it will be awesome.. but if it's all sweet and lovely with none of the necessary sarcasm then it will just be a horribly stale affair, and basically a PR drive.

16. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

A great episode, thought the Senna film was well done

Sam

17. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Loved tonight's episode, definitely my favorite so far, the Bugatti (267mph:jawdrop:) and Senna pieces were fantastic.

18. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

+1

19. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

Just watched the latest episode of Top Gear. I didn't know about the Senna film. It was a fantasic piece and I can't wait to watch it again. What a driver.

Does anyone know the name of the Senna film JC refered to at the end?

20. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Great episode. I never knew much about Senna (I had just turned 3) But it was a great segment and I want to see the film now to learn more about him. Weird to see someone so compassionate, to be so aggressive.