9800GX2 Probs

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Paddy4929, 13 Aug 2010.

1. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

Hello,

I had 2 9800GX2's in the same rig folding merrily for the last 3 months or so. However, one of them will no longer fold and the blue led on the rear of the card is no longer on. The card that is still folding has the blue led on. This is now the 2nd 9800GX2 which has stopped working for me because the blue LED is out. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this problem and does anyone know if it can be fixed? Or is it GPU heaven for this card.

Regards

Paddy

2. badsector

badsector i7

Well not quite the same, but I had two 9800GTX+ folding in one machine.
    I was worried about how hot the cards were getting. The bottom card was hard up against the case due to the position of the PCIe socket.

There was a hot spell in June and one morning I found the graphics screen corrupted with pixel dust. The next night the PC crashed. It took me some time (and experiements with another mb) to determine that the XFX 9800GTX+ card was damaged. I say damaged. I can fold on this card as long as the temperature (as reported by GPU-Z) is kept below 70degC. This requires dropping the shader clock from 1800 to 1400MHz and cuts the PPD.

3. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

You'd do well to run the Stanford Memtest utility on the card. 9 times out of 10 the problem is with the memory on the card. I've returned 4 8800GT's in the space of 2 months now, all with memory issues.

4. Paddy4929

Paddy4929 NangO-Gamer

I will check the memory. Thnaks