Other Tell us your claim to fame

Discussion in 'General' started by nescafe, 19 Aug 2010.

1. Hypnosam

Hypnosam Minimodder

Yeah, he was at the goodwood festival of speed one year, and met him at a autograph singing event. He was very good as you got to have a proper chat with him.

Oh, I forgot. I've also met Alan Bean - 4th man on the moon. Charlie Duke -10th man on the moon. And Buzz Aldrin. Not bad to say I've only just turned 17/

2. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

I've done a lot of crappy low end jobs when I was younger for the moneys.:thumb:

3. Kenny79

Kenny79 I own a Dremel!

At school I was in the same class as Cheryl Cole’s sister. I’ve met Kevin Keegan a couple of times also Peter Beardsley once and Denise Welsh once.

4. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Eh, I will be a NPC in the upcoming Postal 3, bout my only claim to fame...

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I took a dump at Buckingham Palace this week.

Hit Manchester United player Andrei Kanchelskis over the head with a Manchester United annual for a signature and got it.

Met Boby Chalton in a joke shop while on holiday at the sea side.

I was on work experience from school at Cricket St Thomas Wildlife park. I got to dress up as Big Ears from Nody for a TV advert along side Noel Edmunds and Mr Blobby. TV advert was for Crinkley Bottom at Cricket st Thomas Wildlife Park. I ended up having th best work experience placement in the school :) Thanks to my dad who worked for Cricket St Thomas Dairies and knew the Taylor family well that owned the dairy and wildlife park.

Received a thank you letter from John Major's Wife while he was Prime Minister.

Met Danni Minogue, got signatures and photos with her. She is a short a**

My wife was on TV last year. Britain's Really Disgusting Foods food tasting one of Alex Riley's barley legal chicken kiev.

6. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

Almost forgot, my mum got Bobby Charlton's autograph, my uncles were on a train with him and daren't ask, so she went up and asked him "'scuse me Mr Bobby, can I have an autograph?" and got one, on a Christmas card, so it looks like we have a Christmas card off him... Bless her 7 year old socks.

7. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

I have no claim to fame myself, been on the local news a couple of times but that's it.

Met a fair few famous people from the local area;
    Keith Chegwin (who's a *****).
    Melinda Messenger.
    Kate Middleton - Who I live just down the road from and have spoken to several times.
    Amy Studt (who I had a small fling with years ago :D)

My cousins (sadly now ex) boyfriend works for Brawn/Mercedes, and was on Jenson's Race team last year so I've met Jenson, Rubens, Ross Brawn etc and this year he's on Nico's so I got to meet him and Schu!

8. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Not my claim to fame, But MrsGOO's:

She used to work at a commercial finance place, and the owner's son was into Karting - pretty good at it, actually - anyway, the boss knew a lot of the other dad's and their sons, and they'd come round some times to the offices to talk, and possibly get finance.

One day, one of these guys turned up, with his son in tow. The adults got down to business, and the boss's son and the other kid started playing on the office floor, messing around with some toy cars (or something). They where making a right racket and general nuisance of themselves, so MrsGOO got very annoyed with them and gave them a good dressing down, and told them to be quiet or to go outside.

Needless to say, a MrsGOO hard stare can quail the heart of a fully grown man, so it had the desired effect on the boys. Her boss and the other dad stuck their heads out of the conference room door to see what was going on.

"James, Lewis - stop buggering about and leave Pauline alone"

:)

Yep - My Missus made the 2008 World Drivers Champion go sit on the naughty step. :lol:

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

@GOO: That's Legendary... AWESOME! made me giggle.

10. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I've met and interviewed a lot of bands as part of being involved with a radio station in Glasgow.
    Highlights include Vampire Weekend, Pendulum, YouMeAtSix and Matt Bellamy. I have phone numbers for most of the people I've interviewed including the ones I've listed.
    I also helped record and mix some songs by Sh!t Disco when I worked in a recording studio.

I've met Ross Noble in Glasgow after a gig one time. I met Tiger Woods many years ago when I was only 12 or 13 so I don't really remember it and didn't have a clue who he was at the time.

In terms of me, I've been on various radio stations including BBC Birmingham, Rock Radio, Clyde 1, Real Radio and Galaxy Radio.
    I've met Nick Park, the guy who created Wallace and Gromit.

11. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

My grandad played for West brom. (John Osborne, incase anyone was interested)
    The footballing skills have most definatly not passed down to me, I have the agility and grace of a drunken penguin.

My gran has a christmas card from roger moore (she used to live near him).

12. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I once painted Lily Langtry's beadroom.

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I worked with Sol Campbell when I was a games tester at EA for their FIFA games.

I went out semi-regularly, clubbing with Nell McAndrew about 10 years ago. We were working on an online radio station called Storm at the time, which is how we met. I still am good friends with her.

I've met Lara Croft model Lucy Clarkson, who I spent the day with talking about how much of a gaming fan she is. We then proceeded to start a tournament on the Dreamcast in a local store which drew quite a crowd!

I am personal friends with David Walliams and Matt Lucas, as they eat at my father's restaurant and I've gotten to know them :)

I meet the Chelsea football club (in it's entirety!) roughly every 2 weeks to a month. My father is the executive chef at the restaurant that they come to. When they do come, they hire out the whole place and shut it down for the evening.

I've met Jeremy Clarkson when he was filming for Top Gear near where my sister lives in Camberley. He ended up asking me for a ride in my Focus RS, so I got to take Jeremy Clarkson for a drive in my RS down a closed road circuit! :D

Last week I met Richard Branson at Virgin London Marathon, who my company consults for.

The list goes on :)

Last edited: 24 Aug 2010
  14. mjg132

mjg132 What's a Dremel?

I sang with Rolf Harris for a radio show when i was in primary school.

15. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

I have met a few celebs....at the moment I can remember Chris Moyles (back in the Radio 1 Roadshow days), Phill Jupitus (autograph after one of his Jabba Jabba Hey shows) and Craig Charles (autograph and pint after one of his Live On Earth shows)

If I remember anything else I will get back to you :)

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Went to a party several years ago for Richard O'Brian's (crystal maze dude) daughter and Richard and Meat Loaf were there... Fun times...

I also have potentially the fastest broadband IN THE WORLD MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough, splutter*

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Fun fact for all the Germans out there (or those that know German pop music):
    My dad once started a fight with Peter Maffay when he was on vacation in Namibia.

I almost started a fight with several South African celebrities (to those that know who's who: Danny K, and Namibian "folk hero" Stefan Ludik for a few examples).

Oh, and I have had dinner with Namibia's former and present Presidents and Prime ministers, thanks to my dad. The current prime minister actually greets me and knows who I am by first and last name whenever we meet - which is about once every 2 years or so.

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

use to see Stephen Fry on a regular basis in Waitrose.

Funny occasion waiting to pay everyone around was saying hello and all the usual BS people come out with, but i said nothing, and because of that he started the conversation with me instead, on the basis that i appeared to be the only one around worth talking to whilst we waited!