1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project||Oroborous: The Cycle Continues - Mouse and Sleeving Oct 18

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sushi Warrior, 18 Mar 2010.

?

Watercooling?

1. No, air is the way to go!

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Yes, with white tubing/EK Supreme HF

20 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. Yes, with white tubing/EK Supreme LT

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Yes, with black tubing/EK Supreme HF

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Yes, with black tubing/EK Supreme LT

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Sushi Warrior

Sushi Warrior What's a Dremel?

Typing this rig from the PC but it is in no shape for a photo-shoot. Cable management is a NIGHTMARE with the TX650, and the shallow gap between the right side panel and the motherboard tray really makes it a PITA. There are too many cables! It may look simple on paper, but when they are all laid out in front of you...

Can't wait to get a new PSU and then MDPC-X all of it. That single-sleeve will allow the cables behind the mobo tray.

2. Sushi Warrior

Not quite teasers, not quite full shots :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

None of this would be possible (well, maybe just a bit) without the amazing folks at NZXT and Bill Owen and MNPCTech!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Stunning shots :thumb:.

4. Sushi Warrior

Pushing up on 1 month and nothing to show for it :waah: I'm still trying to get some ideas into reality somehow but school, sickness, fun, and work have been getting in the way.

I really wanted to do final shots, but cable management was next to impossible with the TX650, and NZXT doesn't feel like answering me :wallbash:

So.... hopefully something this week. Anything at all!

5. The boy 4rm oz

I know the feeling mate, I have been really bogged down with life lately, sucks.

6. Sushi Warrior

Just finished painting + reassembling the DVD drive, NZXT doesnt feel like answering me about a new PSU after multiple emails and I don't think I can afford getting a new one myself :/

7. Sushi Warrior

[​IMG]

And the project moves on. After a few months of use and, well, neglect, the system is due for an overhaul. I am upgrading to i5 and continuing to add to the rig. Hopefully I'll also be able to score a modular PSU (the TX750's mass of wires is killing the cable management so badly I don't even want to show it).

As always, thank you so much to the wonderful folks at NZXT and Bill Owen from MNPCTech. I promise we'll see more done with what you sent me Bill! :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. The boy 4rm oz

Happy to se ethis one active again :thumb:.

9. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

FTFY, and +1

Awesome to see this back! Loving the design!

10. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

It's good to see this project in progress again :thumb:

11. Sushi Warrior

Thanks! And as am I, after having an insanely hectic and busy year (as well as battling a general down-in-the-dumps mood) I think it's best for myself if I take time out doing what I love - modding :)

Thank you very much! I'm hoping to make a slight twist in the design as well, having gained a little bit of experience in the way of visual design/scheming. With any luck it will take a sliiightly different twist ;) think PaulTan style?

And it's good to be in progress again! Sorry for the delay Bill, life got the better of me and I never did complete the mod to my satisfaction. This time around I think I have my priorities far more in check :p

Just a text update today, no real progress, but the current project is painting a USB wifi adapter (for use internally with the IU101 with NZXT) as well as an external HDD I have in a Vantec enclosure to match the case. After that I have my eyes set on possibly painting my Deathadder white (anybody have any experience with how well paint sticks on such a finish? I'm worried it will all rub off) and finishing some sleeving that I have prolonged far too long.

I would have some pics to share, however somehow all 4 sets of rechargeable AA batteries (yes, 16 batteries) have somehow ended up dead without me noticing. And I thought I had enough backups to last forever XD I guess that's the problem.

12. Sushi Warrior

Today, I felt purple-y. And also wanted to take some pretty pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A huge thanks goes out to NZXT for the IU101 internal USB hub, as well as Bill Owen from MNPCTech!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

I understand bro. Great photos! Looking forward to seeing more Sushi :hip:

14. Sushi Warrior

So.... sadly not any real progress to show... I must say I am the SLOWEST sleever in the world. Probably spent about 8 hours so far on the 24-pin and I am barely half done? But it looks damn, damn good at least :)

Hopefully I'll have some updates soon. Money is tight so I gotta find a way to go i5 on the cheap.

In case anyone shares the interest, I'm also restoring a classic bike right now! 1960's Raleigh road bike, it'll be black and white too I think :)

15. Sushi Warrior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WE HAVE SLEEVING!....

[​IMG]

Well? I think it's pretty damn well done if I do say so myself! Just one problem which we shall get to in a moment...

[​IMG]

Yuuuummy :thumb: Click for bigger!

[​IMG]

Absolutely delicious red colour :jawdrop: just beautiful, thank you so much Neils for the freebie!

[​IMG]

Just look at that. Even at macro-scale it is absolutely perfect. No more techflex crap for me! :duh:

[​IMG]

Look at the difference!... Oh wait. You may ask, why is there techflex still next to it? It almost looks... half MDPC half techflex... some kind of frankensleeving... Well all I have to say to this is that I am not a very fast sleever and I don't have much time either :blush: but I was so overdue on showing you guys the progress I figured I'd have to take pics of something!

[​IMG]

Just look at the difference, MDPC has over 3x denser weave :eek:

[​IMG]

Look familiar? :)

[​IMG]

Tada! She's a beaut, if I do say so myself. Who woulda thought ThermalTake would ever manage to design something so... tasteful.

[​IMG]

Aaaaaaand lights off.

[​IMG]

Better view of my pathetic progress :(

[​IMG]

Should be done in a few days at the pace I've been working back up to recently.

[​IMG]

Aaaaand another shot of the WiFi adapter. Just because. I like taking pretty pictures.

So, that about sums it up for the past while. As you may be able to tell, red is the new accent colour. I am looking for a way to somehow change the blue trim on the Alchemy to red easily, which doesnt appear to be very easy... As well, the blue LCD on the poster would be nice to change to red while I'm at it. In the bigger picture of things, i5 upgrading is at a standstill. I am saving for university, and at this rate I'm gonna be lucky if I can afford it, i5 is just gonna have to wait until I have more cash to spare...

Another HUUUUUUGE thank you to NZXT and Bill Owen of MNPCTech and all those who view this log! I'm hoping to keep the progress more constant but it is very difficult to balance school, work and all the other curveballs life seems to throw at me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Oct 2011
  16. Atasimey

Atasimey What's a Dremel?

Late but subbed all the same. Idea's so nice and clean.

17. The boy 4rm oz

Very clean sleeving :thumb:.

18. Sushi Warrior

Thank you! I spend way too much time trying to make it look perfect :sigh: but hey, as long as it all turns out good ;)

Thank you! I'm really trying to make the theme even better this time around :hehe: